19|"You love books, don't you ?"

"You love books, don't you ?"

Laura's POV

I glanced around as we entered the mall together with Ross. "So, where are you planning to go ?", I asked him.

He grinned while taking my hand and leading the way. "You'll see." I walked behind him since he practically dragged me. I couldn't help but look at our hands. It wasn't really necessary to be holding hands now, was it ?

I shrugged it off and just than I realized that Ross came to a halt. I looked around and saw that we were in front of book store. I furrowed my eyes and looked at him questioningly.

"You love books, don't you ?", he said while looking down at me.

"I mean yeah but how would you.. know that ?", I asked.

"Well, when I dropped you home back than, it was quite dark but I strongly remember seeing a big shelf with all kinds of books on it, am I right ?"

He really remembered something like that ? "I guess you could say so.."

"Great, than let's have a look around. I also needed to get a book anyways so it's quite convenient.", he said and released my hand from his grip, making me realize that he was holding it until now.

"Alright, let's do that", I said and walked with him into the bookstore.

After spending like an hour in the bookstore Ross and I decided to get out of there and I realized that he was leaving empty-handed.

"Didn't you say something about a book you needed to get ?", I asked him while putting the new book I bought into the shopping bag.

He glanced at me before scratching his neck and shrugging, "Yeah, I guess it wasn't uh there."

Something about his gesture made me suspect his answer wasn't true. By any chance, he didn't bring me to a book store to lift my mood up because of from before, did he ?

'I shouldn't get ahead of myself' was the only thought I could think of.

"What book were you looking for anyways ?", I asked.

He glanced at me once again before answering, "Oh well, you know, that one book, uh, what was it called again ? Oh look, isn't that the cafe that sells the best ice-cream ? Let's go grab some.", He changed the topic.

I looked at him while he went ahead of me and sat down at some empty place. I furrowed my brows at him but decided to not question it any further.

"So what flavor would you like to have ?", I asked him.

He looked around and answered, "I guess mango is it ? Let me guess what flavor you'll take.", he said while smirking.

"Go ahead.", I said while leaning back in my seat. If he says strayberry-

"Strawberry ?"

I looked at him, "Really ?"

He raised his brows surprised. "You don't like strawberries ?"

"Well, it's not that I don't like them. I'm allergic to them.", I told him truthfully.

"Oh, well what flavor would you like than, princess ?"

I rolled my eyes at the sudden mention of the nickname he was currently using to address me, "Well, it's also mango for me."

"I knew that we'd have similar tastes.", he said smirking.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever."

After the waiter brought us our ice creams we started to eat them whilst I was looking out from the glass window next to me, seeing busy people with shopping bags pass by when I heard Ross say, "You know, the trip next Monday will probably be really fun. I heard that we'll get a lot of free time."

I was about to turn back back to him to answer when a person from far away caught my attention. I squeezed my eyes a little to see more clearly since I didn't have my glasses on but than realized that I didn't have to since the person was walking closer to where Ross and I was sitting.

It can't be.

I felt my heartbeat get faster and froze.

I often imagined this situation, in various possibilities. But I never thought that it was ever going to come this far.

Memories from a year ago came flooding back to my mind and I felt a lump in my throat, not being able to bring a sound out.

"You have to eat careful, princess.", I heard Ross say  before I felt his thumb wiping some ice cream away from near my lips.

Not being able to comprehend the situation that was happening right now, I felt tears form in my eyes and quickly excused myself. "I have to go to the bathroom", I said quickly while standing up and practically running to the bathroom.

The first thing I did when stepping in front of the mirror was to splash my face with water, not caring about anything. Thank god I didn't put mascara on today and only went for light make-up.

I sighed frustrated while covering my face with both my hands and closing my eyes.

How can this be happening to me ?

I was doing so good nowadays.

I quickly got my phone out and was about to text someone but then saw that I had three missed calls from Maia and that she had messaged me.

From: Maia To: Laura

Laura, are you home ? We need to talk. It's really important.

Before even answering her messages, I straight up called her.

"Maia.", I breathed out when I heard her pick up the phone. Even though it came out more like a whisper.

"Laura, please don't freak out. I need you to calm down first. I- I don't know how to tell you this... First of all, where are you ? I've bee-"

"He's back.", I cut her off mid-sentence. And bit my lip before saying the name that caused me so much pain last year.

"Alec is back."

°°°

Heeeeeeeeeeeello there, let's add a little drama to the story, shall we ?

I know I've been hinting it since the beginning of the book, that Laura has had her very own past with players, so yeah ;)

What do you think happened between Alec and Laura ?

-Favorite line ? <3

-Favorite song at the moment ?

Have a beautiful day <3

-t.