20 | "You should savor that"

"You should savor that"

Laura's POV

I looked at my reflection in the mirror one last time and took a deep breath.

I have to get myself together. It's been a year. He has moved on, so why can't ?

It's not only Alec... I've also been avoiding encounters with Diana in school since the incident last year. But why ? It's not like I've done anything wrong. If someone should hide, that would be them.

I saw someone else stepping into the girl's toilette and decided that it was time to go back. I couldn't help but feel sorry for Ross, as I'm an emotional mess right now and he has to deal with me.

He looked at me as soon as I sat down in my seat in front of him and eyed me critically, "Is everything alright ?"

"Uh, yeah.. It's getting pretty late isn't it? Should we maybe go home ?", I offered, hoping he wouldn't question it any further and just agree.

He eyed me once again, glancing at my half finished mango-flavored ice cream before looking at me again, "Alright.. Let's go, I guess."

On the ride home, I was relieved that I didn't have to see Alec again. He was going to the opposite direction than where we were headed, I suppose.

I looked out of the window, watching the scenery pass by.

I feel so bad.

Despite all the support and love I was given by my friends after that break-up, I still haven't gotten over him. Do I even have the right to be this resentful ?

I can't believe I'm giving so much thought to this whole happening when the people who did wrong are happily living their life as if nothing has happened. Sometimes I really wonder how human beings can be so cruel. Being deceived by a person whom you had given so much trust.. is just something that cannot be moved on so quickly.

"Aren't you gonna get off ?", Ross brought me back to reality. Just then I realized that the passing scenery stopped a long time ago.

I looked at him startled and than started to unbuckle my seatbelt. "Thank you.", I started getting out of the car when I heard him call my name. "Huh, yeah ?"

He hesitated for a second before saying, "I know I'm not in a position to be asking this, but are you really okay ?" I looked at him, realizing how weird it has probably been for him to hang out with me after I saw Alec.

"I'm sorry, I haven't been feeling well since earlier..", I told him honestly.

"It's alright.. I mean, I just wasn't used to see you that quite like earlier.", he trailed off. I gave him a small smile, "You should savor that, Ross."

He chuckled, "I should, shouldn't I ?", after a short pause he added, "See you on monday, princess." and with that he drove away.

I'm really wondering if Ross has always been like this. He always seems to be relaxed about everything and anything.

I wish I could be like that and leave the past behind me. I sighed before walking up to my porch and getting the keys out. At this point, I don't even bother to ring the doorbell anymore.

It's not like anyone's home to open the door.

°°°
Actually this chapter was a looot longer than this but I decided to part in it 2 chapters so the next chapter is already written <3

THE NEXT CHAPTER IS EXCITING Y'ALL <3

Be prepared (:

-Fave line ?☘️

-What do you think Alec did ?

-Do you guys see any progress between Ross and Laura ?

-t.