13 | "Do you think that low of me ?"

"Do you think that low of me?"

Ross' POV

I saw her eyes widen a bit and than excusing herself and standing up from the table.

I looked confused after her and was about to tell Dave that I'll be going first but when I turned towards him he was already in a conversation with Emma and Camila so I just stood up and went after her. Just as she was turning a corner, I grabbed her wrist, making her turn around startled.

As soon as she recognized my face, she widened her eyes.

I raised my brows while titling my head, "What the hell are you doing ?"

"Wh- what do you mean ?", she stuttered while shifting her gaze around the room, avoiding eye contact at all costs.

"Is that how you thank someone for getting you home safe and sound after you got drunk ?", I asked while furrowing my brows confused. What's wrong with her ?

Where are her smartass comebacks ?

"Uh, yes, I mean no, thank you.", she answered while still avoiding eye contact.

Is this really Laura Marano ?

"Are you okay ?", I asked serious while touching her forehead with my palm to see if she had fever. Did she get sick over the weekend ?

She slapped my hand away and shook her head, "I'm fine."

"Then why are you acting like this ?", I questioned.

I saw that she was debating if she should answer me or just leave it like that but she chose the former and started to talk.

"Uh, um you know, at the party.. When I was drunk, um, you took me to a room upstairs and, well that's the last thing I remember. Now, uh, I wanted to ask you and please answer honest.. Did um something happen ? Like, you know..", she trailed off and than added so quietly that I wasn't sure if I was supposed to hear it or not, "..a kiss ?"

I looked at her a few seconds before realizing what was going on.

Does she really think that I took advantage of her drunk self ?

"Wait what ?", I frowned. "Are you- Do you seriously think that I took advantage of your drunk self ? Do you think that low of me?", I asked serious while looking her straight in the eye even though she was still avoiding the locking of our gazes.

"I- gosh I don't know. The last thing I remember was us being close so uh I just wanted to ask if we..", she started frustrated.

"..kissed ?", I ended her sentence, quite not believing my ears."Nothing like that happened.", I reassured her, not hiding how pissed I was.

I saw relief all over her face as soon as the words left my mouth. I she that glad about it ? How bad of a person can I be in her eyes that she's so relieved that we didn't kiss ?

"Oh alright, I guess.. Thank you.", I heard her mumble quietly.

"For the honest answer ?", I asked. "You're welcome.", and that was the last thing I said before turning around.

"No..", I heard her say. I turned around and saw that she meeting my gaze for the first time since the conversation started, "I mean for everything that day. No one forced you to take care of me but you still did... so thank you.", she said.

I gave her a small smile and repeated my words from before, "You're welcome."

Turning around once again, I questioned if I should try to keep the conversation going but decided not to.

This was literally the first normal conversation we've had since every conversation ends in her dissing me in some kind.

Not like I'm complaining though, it's quite amusing actually since every girl I know would never dare to say the things to me she does.

However, it made me question what would've happened if I had answered her question with a 'yes'.

•••
Hellouuu guys <3

Back again with another chapterrr... Are you excited for the upcoming ones ?

Well I am, hehe

•Fave line ?

Stay beautiful my Adorkies 💞

-t.