25 | "Stay still."

I had my last exam today so I'll update more often, look forward to it ♥️

"Stay still."

Ross' POV

"Are you okay ?", I heard Dave ask beside me as we got into our tent.

I shrugged, "Yeah, why would I not be ?", while sitting down and getting my smartphone out of my pocket, checking my messages.

"I mean.. you know, how Alec was brought up earlier.", he said hesitatingly in discomfort.

I stopped scrolling through my messages for a second before shrugging once again and continuing to look at my phone, avoiding to look him in the eyes at any cost. "Yeah, it's all cool. It's been a long time now, I'm over it."

"You sure ?", he asked once again to be sure that I was telling him the truth.

I nodded, "Yeah."

"Alright, I'll let you go this time.", Dave said, obviously not believing any of my words before adding, "Seems like Laura and you have something in common." He than laid down on his back and also started to look through his phone.

I furrowed my brows at him confused, "What do you mean ?"

"Oh you didn't know ?", he said glancing at me before turning back to look at his phone, "That asshole is Laura's ex-boyfriend."

I let my phone drop into my lap out of surprise, "Her what ?"

"Ex-boyfriend.", Dave repeated. "I mean you've obviously already figured out that the reason Laura couldn't stand you in the beginning was because of your reputation of being a bad boy. Well, I can't really blame her after everything she's been through because of that jerk."

"What happened ?", I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.

"I mean, all I've heard are only rumors, not really sure of how much of it is really true. I think that she should tell you herself."

I looked at him before nodding slowly, "You're right. I shouldn't hear this from you."

Gosh, just the way that Alec's name got me acting up is getting on my nerves. But really ? Laura and Alec ? In a relationship ? How could that even happen ? That asshole is nothing but trouble but he managed to have Laura fall for him ?

He obviously used Laura's good intentions.

How big of a jerk can a person even be ?

I mean, yes I know Laura and I didn't have a good relationship at the beginning but a few months have passed now and I only now find out that this was all because of him ? Even when he's not around, he keeps on ruining things for me.

"Did you know that he's back though ?", Dave's question brought me back from my thoughts.

"Who ? Alec ?", I asked.

"Yeah, I heard it from a few guys at the party on Saturday. He was present.", he sighed before continuing, "I kind of hoped that you wouldn't run into him since that would totally end up in a fight."

"At the party on Saturday...", I repeated, more to myself.

Wait, so the person that Laura wanted to get away from could be him ? The reason Laura kissed me ? Was it him ? Right, the kiss..

I groaned while getting up. "Where are you going ?", I heard Dave ask just as I was about to get out of the tent.

"I wanna get some fresh air, I'll be right back.", I explained and left the tent. I walked towards where the campfire was and sat down in one of the empty chairs that were around it. I looked up to the sky and realized that it had already gotten dark.

I sighed while running my hand through my hair and slumping back in my seat.

Everytime that jerk gets mentioned, the first thing that comes into my mind is the moment when he-

"What are you doing ?", I heard someone interrupt my thoughts before I saw from the corner of my eyes that that someone sat down beside me.

I turned my head to see that it was Laura.

Her presence is not really helping my chaos of thoughts at the moment. I only shrugged, "Just getting some fresh air, I guess.", I said before leaning my head back and looking up again.

She nodded slowly before she suddenly gasped, making me turn my head towards her slowly. "What is it ?", I asked.

"Gosh, I didn't know that my grip on your neck was that strong.", she said while reaching out and touching my neck, which took me by surprise and made me flinch.

"Stay still.", she said while glancing at me before getting a hold of my jaw and slowly moving it so that she could examine my neck in the light of the campfire. "It literally left a slight imprint.." I looked at her while she was doing that and suddenly found my eyes travelling down to her lips.

I felt myself getting hotter and quickly removed her hands from touching me any further. "I-It's nothing."

"No, let me see..", she said while attempting to get a hold of my face again before I stopped her.

"Laura, it really is nothing, I didn't even feel any pain.", I clarified. I moved my head in all directions and than looked at her, "See ? Everything's fine."

She looked at me before sighing and leaning back into her seat again, "Alright, whatever you say."

There was silence for a while before I took a glance in her direction and noticed that she seemed lost in her thoughts, "What are you thinking about ?"

"Oh, just this and that, I guess.", she said before stopping for a second as if she decided otherwise and continued, "I recently met someone whom I thought I wouldn't see anymore... And just thinking about it makes me uncomfortable."

It was obvious that she was talking about Alec.

"Why is that ?", I asked while turning my head towards her. "Why is that person making you uncomfortable ?"

She shrugged before answering, "I don't know... It's probably because that person brings out memories that I tried so hard to forget."

I watched her before nodding, "I know exactly what you mean.."

You have no idea.

°°°

🌼Hellooooo there my adorkies 🌼

I had exams last week and this week so there weren't updates but here's an update in Ross' POV 🙃

-Fave Line ?♥️

-What's something you've always wanted to do but never did ?

-Are you a cat 🐈 or a dog 🐕person ?

This chapter is dedicated to eutopvia 💞

Have an amazing day and stay safe.

-tice