24 | „Are you trying to choke me to death ?!"

„Are you trying to choke me to death ?!"

Laura's POV

"We're gonna randomly get randomly paired up ?", I questioned out loud.

Mrs. Wade nodded, "Yeah.

Bicycle tour

„We're gonna take a bicycle tour.", Mrs. Wade announced excitedly.

„Really ?", I muttered disappointed. I mean bicycling is all fun and games until you ride the bike for too long. After exceeding a certain amount of it, my legs start to ache.

„The bike's are all set. Go get yours and than we'll start the bicycling tour. It's only a one way route so no one's gonna get lost easily. If anyone of you gets left behind of rides the bike slower than just follow the end of the route.", she explained before leading the way to the bikes.

„You're looking a bit too excited, Laura.", I heard Jordan's voice beside.

„Ha ha ha.", I replied sarcastically. „You know exactly what my problem with bicycling is."

He chuckled before saying, „Yeah, that one time we had that long ass bicycling tour with my siblings and you couldn't sit afterwards."

I poked him with my elbow, „Don't you dare mention that aloud ever again.", I warned him before going up to one bike and get on it. „Ever."

„We'll see about that.", He winked at me before he got onto one also. I rolled my eyes at him playfully, earning yet another chuckle from him.

„Alright, if everyone's got their bikes, we'll start the bicycle tour now.", Mrs. Wade announced before everyone started riding their bikes.

And as expected, everyone overtook me as soon as we started. I huffed disappointed when I realized that Maia was also one of the last row. „We should do more exercise.", Maia said.

I nodded, „Yes, we should.", I looked at the people in front of us and realized that Ross was also one of the last ones. His endurance sure wasn't bad when we played tag with Chris and Eva.

We rode our bicycles for half an hour and were like halfway through the route when I noticed that my bike's tires were making a weird noise. „Maia, hold on.", I said while stopping.

„My bicycle's tire burst.", I said with a groan and ran my hand through my hair frustrated. „What's with all that luck that I've got this week ?!"

Maia looked at my bike's tire and nodded, „Yeah, you cannot continue riding that.", she looked ahead and saw that the distance between us and the others started to get bigger.

„Alright, just get on the back of my bike.", she said. „Let's leave the bike here for now. You cannot walk the whole route, I mean we can get back later if we have to."

I sighed before nodding and getting off the bike, leaving it on the right side of the route, so that it wouldn't disturb other people passing by.

As soon as I got onto the back of Maia's bike I looked at her, „Are you sure though ? I mean we're both pretty much out of breath.", I said concerned.

„I mean, we have no choice, do we ?", Maia said while smiling at me.  „Alright.", I said before putting my arms around her waist and we started moving again.

Just a short time after we started moving again, I felt Maia stop again. „What is it, Maia ?", I asked before looking up to see Ross on his bicycle next to us.

„I'm gonna take it from here.", I heard Ross say. „You look really exhausted, Maia."

„Thank you, Ross.", I heard Maia say.

Wait, did I even agree to this ?

„Aren't you gonna get off ?", I heard Maia say over her shoulder. I swear I saw her smile for a second.

Wow, thank you so much for choosing such nice words dear best friend.

I mean, I totally understand since it surely was hard carrying me on the back. Exercise really isn't our best strength.

I nodded and got off my bike before standing next to Ross'. „Are you gonna get on ?", he said while raising his brows at me.

„Yeah.", I muttered before getting on his bike. Alright, where should I put my arms ? I can't just hug him from behind. I bit my lip before putting my hands on his shoulders.

That should do. Right ?

I looked at Maia helplessly and she just giggled looking at my position before saying, „Shall we continue ?"

I saw Ross nod, „Yeah."

We started moving again and everything was going all good before Ross had to turn sharp right at a corner, which nearly made me loose my balance and ended up with me putting my arms around Ross' neck, nearly choking him.

He abruptly stopped and started coughing, „Laura, gosh, are you trying to choke me to death ?!", he said in between his coughs.

I widened my eyes while releasing my hands on his neck and patted his back in order to help him breath again, „I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, gosh, choke you.", I said while nervously continuing to pat him.

He glanced at me over his shoulder before saying, „This won't do."

„What do you..", I started but was cut off by his movements. He grabbed each of my hands, stopping them from patting his back and put them around his waist, making me lean onto his back.

„Let's get moving again.", I heard him say to Maia.

I moved my head to the right and therefore saw the scenery that I couldn't pay attention to before.

It was really calming to be surrounded by all the trees and flowers. I leaned my head onto his back and noticed that I could hear his heartbeat. It was obviously faster than his normal heartbeat since he was riding the bike.

I realized that this was the most relaxed I've been for the last couple of days.

•••
I really thought about how it should continue like what could happen at the camping site ?

I came up with this idea so I hope you're all satisfied with it 🤍

-Fave line ?

-Have you ever fallen in love ? Or had a crush ?

This chapter is dedicated to whateverrr1229 ♥️
Thank you for all the comments, it really made my day 💞

Have an amazing day and stay safe ♥️

-tice