23 | "Alec as in Alec Reid ?"

"Alec as in Alec Reid ?"
A/N: guys I uploaded like 3 chapters 3 days in a row and I'm afraid you'll not see them so make sure to also read the other two ♥️

Laura's POV

"So what are we gonna do ?", I asked Maia and Emma as we were setting up our tent.

Maia shrugged, "I think Mrs. Wade said something about getting together again after we set up the tents. I think she wanted everyone to snack together ?",

"Ugh, alright.", I said while taking my phone out and checking my messages since Lucas wanted to me to keep him up-to-date. He sadly wasn't part of our Geography class and therefore wasn't here.

As soon as I opened iMessage I saw that group chat popping up and glared at Maia and Emma. "Seriously, where were you guys when Ross was having the time of his life taking ugly pictures of me sleeping ?"

Emma laughed before saying, "Hey, the pictures aren't even ugly, I don't even get why you're complaining."

"Besides, if Ross wouldn't have put your head on his shoulder you would keep on hitting your head on the window by every turn the bus driver took.", Maia added.

I glared at them, "Whatever, let's just get this done with.", I said, trying to put the tent up somehow. "Is this really how it's supposed to be ?"

Maia looked at me and laughed, "Laura, no. Wait, let me.", she said while taking it out of my hands.

It took some time but our tent was finally set up. I smiled excitedly while looking around to see that everyone had already set it up and we were the last ones to do so. I sighed frustrated, "Are we really the last ones ?"

Maia nodded slowly, "Looks like it..."

"Guys, everyone's gathering up.", Emma announced and pointed to the place where all the teachers were sitting. "Already ?", I pouted. I seriously thought we would have some free time after setting it all up.

"What do you mean already ? It's been like one and a half hours. Everyone was finished a long time ago.", Emma said while looking around. "We're the slow ones."

We all looked at each other and started to laugh, "I mean, practice makes perfect, right ?", Maia said before we started to walk to the gathering point. "I totally agree.", I stated.

There were some set up chairs and we sat down on them and talked since not everyone was here yet.

"What were the meanings of utopia and dystopias again ?", I heard Dave ask from behind me and was about to turn around and answer him before Ross started answering him.

"Utopias and dystopias are subgenres of science fiction, which is a form of fiction that extrapolates or concludes the logical course of scientific and technological developments and applies them to society and everyday life.", Ross said before I heard him say, "Dave, we learned that not too long ago."

"Oh, right.", I heard Dave chuckle. "Stop being such a show off, I do not remember things as easily as you."

"Whatever.", I heard Ross mumble before turning my attention back to Emma and Maia's conversation.

He answered that so effortlessly ?

"I totally forgot that Diana was also here.", Emma said before rolling her eyes and I followed her gaze to see Diana taking the snacks from our teacher in order to hand it around.

"Let's just ignore it, guys. I have no nerves for her right now.", I said while leaning back in my chair.

She was handing out cookies and gave some to Dave and Ross before standing in front of me, reaching it out for me to take. I was surprised she didn't say anything to Ross, as she takes every opportunity to get him back. Which was most likely not to happen, according to Ross' disinterest towards her.

"Aren't you gonna take one ?", I heard her say and something about the way she was smiling made me think that something's up.

"Alright.", I said as I took one and realized that even though she continued to hand them out to others, she glanced at me.

What's up with her ?

I was about to take a bite from it before I felt someone grab my wrist, "Don't."

I turned around confused and saw that it was Ross, nearly falling down from his chair since he was leaning much more forward than normally. I glanced at Dave to see that he was wearing the same confused face expression as me. "What's up with you ?", I asked, trying to get my wrist out of his grip.

"They have strawberries in them.", was the only thing he said to make me understand his confusing actions.

"Oh.", was the only thing that left my mouth.

"What's wrong with strawberries ?", Dave asked confused.

Now also Maia and Emma realized what the whole thing was about and Emma quickly explained, "Laura's allergic to them."

"Oh, that's what it was about..", Dave finally understood as everyone else.

"That bit-", Maia started while searching for Diana with her eyes before Emma put her hand on her mouth, stopping her from talking. "Shhh, she's not worth it.", Emma said.

"She obviously knew that Laura's allergic to them ! She never gets enough, does she ? Who does she think she is ? No wonder that she volunteered to hand them out.", Maia went on, releasing Emma's hand from her mouth. "I thought she'd stop after what happened with Alec but-", she than abruptly stopped herself from talking any further.

"Alec ?", I heard Ross question out loud, hatred dripping from his words. "Alec as in Alec Reid ?" Something about the way he spoke his name out loud made me snap in his direction to look at him.

Dave suddenly started shifting in his seat uncomfortably before glancing at Ross and speaking up, "Hey guys, have Emma and I ever told you how our first date went ?", Dave desperately tried to change the topic. He than started to tell the story of how he had to meet her brother on the first date.

To say that I was not listening would be an understatement. Instead, I looked at Ross' absentmindedly self.

What's up with him ? Why did he get so tense at the mention of his name ?

Something about his behavior was telling me that he had his very own story with Alec. It was a story of which also Dave knew about, taking into account how desperately he was changing the topic.

Maybe I wasn't the only person who has had a hard time in the past because of Alec ?

••••

-Fave line ?✨

-Favoriten song rn ? ☘️

Stay adorkable my lovelies 💞

Stay safe. 🤍

This chapter is dedicated to raurawriter_ ♥️

-tice