36 | "Physically only meters, but miles by heart."

A/N I might update a few times in a row since I'll not be having internet for like two months starting tmrw but rlly wanna finish this book before that (but don't hate me if I don't make it, this book will be finished in two months the latest. I don't wanna rush the ending since I have many romantic and funny chapter ideas and wanna use them all, hope you understand ♥️)

"Physically only meters, but miles by heart."

Laura's POV

"So you don't mind driving back with Ross ?", Emma asked while glancing towards the boys.

I shook my head, "It's fine."

"Alright, I mean if you have no problem with it.", she said.

"Emma, are you coming ?", I heard Dave shout from his car.

"Yes, I'm coming", Emma responded before turning back to me and hugging me, "See you later."

I nodded while hugging her back, "Yeah."

I than walked over to where Ross' car was and sat down in the passenger seat and as soon as I put my seatbelt on he started to drive.

"Can I ask you something ?", I asked while looking at him.

"Sure.", he said, his eyes still on the road.

"Why did.. you and Hayden break up ?", I asked reluctantly.

He glanced shortly at me before giving me a weak smile, "I guess you have the right to know after playing along with me yesterday.."

"I mean.. only if you wanna tell me. I'm not pressuring you.", I told him truthfully.

He sighed while looking ahead and shrugged, "Well.. back than she went abroad when we were still in a relationship. She was going to London and I, being the fool I am, thought about surprising her by following her there to spend some time together.", he stopped before taking a breath and continuing.

"When I got there, I already knew where she was so I went there. It was at a party and when I got there I saw her.. well, making out with a guy. That's actually it. She was cheating on me and I ended it there and flew back.", he ended telling their break-up story.

"You.. you were also there ?", I asked in shock.

He glanced at me surprised, the hurt from before disappearing in his eyes, "What do you mean ?"

"Well... Hayden was actually the girl my boyfriend cheated on me with.", I told him.

"You mean Alec Reid ?"

"Yes."

"Well, speaking truthfully, I knew that Alec was your ex boyfriend..", he said, "But I didn't know why or when you guys broke up."

„You knew ?", I asked him before looking out of the window, „Well, our break up story isn't much different from your and Hayden's actually.."

"How so ?"

"Well..", I started and sighed, recalling the scene from back than...

Flashback

"You're really gonna visit him ?", Maia asked her eyebrows raised.

"Yes !", I told her happily but could see that she wasn't really anticipating the idea of me visiting Alec in London.

"I mean, yeah.. You guys haven't seen each other for a long time.. but didn't you say that he hasn't been responding to your messages recently ?", Emma pointed out.