29 | " I've been pretty mean to him in the past too.."

Have an amazing day & stay safe. 🌱

" I've been pretty mean to him in the past too.."

Laura's POV

„Guys, Dave invited us to his vacation home this weekend. It's near the sea so we can also go swimming !", Emma told us excited through the phone.

„Gosh, that sounds great. I really needed some kind of distraction from all the school stress we've been going through.", Maia complained.

„I totally agree. They have been giving us so many assignments the last weeks.", I told them before adding, „But isn't it gonna be cold ? I don't think that we'll be able to swim."

„Oh, I didn't really think about that.. but I've heard that the vacation house itself has an amazing view. Anyways, I think it would be really cool ! Also, didn't Maia mention something about Rudy coming back for a break ? He could join us.", Emma said happily.

„Oh yes, that would be awesome.", Maia said with a big smile plastered on her face. I mean,  she's been facetiming Rudy every time both of them have time.. but it's still hard, I guess.
A long distance relationship.

„So when exactly will this trip take place ?", I asked Emma while looking at her through the phone since we were facetiming.

She shrugged before answering, „I think we would go this Friday and come back on Sunday. If everyone's okay with it of course."

„Alright, I'll be looking forward to it.", Maia told us before someone shouted her name from behind, „Alright guys, gotta hang up. Dinner's ready I guess."

„Alright, see you tomorrow.", I told her before she hung up and only Emma and I were left in the call.

„How are you feeling ? I mean it's been nearly a week since the game.", Emma asked me and I shrugged, „You mean because of Ross ?"

She nodded, „Yeah.. I mean, when you told us about what happened with Ross after Maia and I left.. I gave it some thought."

„So ?", I asked her.

After the game on Friday, Ross has been avoiding me pretty much with every chance he gets. Not that I have anything against it, I mean I did told him that we could talk when he calmed down again.

„I think it has something to do with last year.. You know how I told you and Maia about it at the camp ?", she explained. „Well, I think that he also has some kind of bad past and something last Friday must've triggered something in him.."

„I mean, yeah. It's possible.. but he shouldn't have taken it out on me, you know ?", I told her.

„Let's be honest, Laura. No matter how hard we try to control our feelings, it just doesn't work sometimes. I mean, yeah, it's clearly unfair but I'm sure he regrets it.", she said calmly before adding, „Just give him some more time, I suppose."

I shrugged, „Alright, I mean I've been pretty mean to him in the past too..", I admitted.

„Oh, you were worse than that. I mean you tried to diss him every time you got an opportunity and-", she stopped talking when she met my gaze. „Uh, anyways.. I think someone just called for me."

„I didn't hear anyone.", I told her while holding back my grin. She was clearly trying to get out of this situation.

„What ? Yeah, I'll be right there.", she shouted before turning back to the screen again and smiling, „Gotta go, see you tomorrow."