39 |"Is it because I like him ?"

"Is it because I like him ?"

Laura's POV

„Mom, Dad, this really really isn't what it looks like.", I told them while turning fully towards them.

My dad looked at me and than switched his gaze to Ross. „Alright, tell us."

I nodded relieved, „I accidentally spilled hot soup over his legs so I told him to take off his pants.", I explained.

„Oh.", my mother nodded, „Alright, sweetheart."

„Do you have any clothes with you or should I lend you some, ...", my dad trailed off while looking at him.

„Ross. It's Ross.", I heard Ross answer with an awkward smile, „I got my PE clothes with me so.. I'll just change into them, but thank you for the offer."

„Oh, alright than. Carry on with your project you two.", I heard my Mom say with a sweet smile before closing the door.

I stood there, trying to comprehend what just happened.

„Are they.. they really gonna leave it at that ?", I heard Ross say.

I nodded dumbfounded, „I... I think so ?"

What if they're just acting like that because Ross is here right now and they'll scold me afterwards ??

I turned to look at Ross and pointed to the bathroom that was connected to my room, „You can, uh, change there..."

Ross looked at me for a second and than down at himself, „Oh, uh, thanks, I'll.. be right back."

As soon as he disappeared behind the closed door of the bathroom I covered my mouth with both of my hands. I cannot let him hear me laugh at this whole situation.

I couldn't help but replay the whole scene in my head. I can't help but admit that he's cute when he is flustered. I smiled once again before frowning.

What if the phone hadn't interrupted us before ? Would he have kissed me ?

No, right ?

I sighed while sitting down on my bed and putting the laptop on my lap.
Why is everything so complicated ?

I continued working on the project to think about other things than what happened.

"You know, if this would've happened at my home, my parent's wouldn't have let it go that easily.", Ross chuckled while coming out of the bathroom. He had changed to his sweatpants.

I averted my eyes from the screen to his direction. His blonde hair was a bit messy which was probably the result of going through it multiple times. Due to his smile, his eyes were a little squinted.

I felt my heartbeat picking up.

"Laura ? Are you listening ?"

"Huh ?", I said before locking gazes with him again.

He furrowed his brows at me while walking in my direction. "Are you alright ?"

I nodded exaggeratedly and smiled while putting the laptop aside and started pushing him towards the door, "I think we've done enough for today."

"What ? What are you talking about, Laura ?", he said while trying to turn towards me but I continued pushing him away.

"It's more than enough. I'll email you the documents."

"Are you serious ? We really didn't d-", Ross started but I interrupted him.

"See you around.", I said before closing the door and leaning my back on it and sighing.

What did I just do ?

Why am I acting like this ?

Is it because I like Ross ? Or because of how socially awkward I am ?

•••

How have you guys been doing ?
I hope you're all healthy and fine.
I got tested positive for corona a while ago and really hope that no one of you guys is going through all that. ♥️

-Fave line ?

-what are scenes you want to see in this book ?

The end is near guys, this book is about to be finished 🤭

Have an amazing day and stay safe🕊

-tice