7 | "I know twenty of your kind."

Chapter 7 "I know twenty of your kind."

Laura's POV

I was sitting in front of my laptop and scrolled down my Twitter.

I'm so bored.

After finishing all of my homework and writing my English essay that is due Friday, I decided to give me some time to chill.

I looked at the clock above the TV. 8pm.

I sighed loudly before standing up from the couch and going to the kitchen to grab something to eat. My mom would be home in a few hours so I afterwards decided to prepare her some dinner. My sister is in college so I'm on my own right now since my dad also works mainly abroad.

I barely see him but it's okay, I guess.

I prepared some noodles and than went upstairs into my room.

I started to think about school before Ross came into my mind.

Seriously ?

I don't know what's up with him, seriously.

Just than my phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hello ?", I answered the phone call.

"Oh, hi Sweetheart. I know this might be abruptly but Eva also says how much she misses you and I've got a meeting so I wanted to ask if you could babysit her, you-", my aunt said from the other end of the line.

"It's alright, I can babysit her. I'm sure you've got an important meeting which you have to attend at..", I said in a reassuring tone.

"Oh gosh, thank you Laura. I don't know what I would have done without you. I'll drop her by in 7 minutes, Bye."

I ended the call and kind of got excited to see my little cousin again. she's such a cutie.

After my aunt dropped Eva by, I decided that we could go to the park together.

It was already getting dark since it's fall but the park isn't that far away from our house.

I didn't brother to put my lenses back on so I just came out with glasses instead.

"Oh look, Laura ! There's already someone at the park.", Eva said, drawing my attention to the two figures at the park.

Since she was holding my hand, she started to tug me into that direction.

"Come on, maybe the kid also wants to play with me if I ask.", she said excited.

"I'm sure the kid couldn't resist your adorableness , Eva.", I said laughing.

When we than arrived, I looked around and saw the kid, which was a little boy. Eva walked over to him and than they started to play together.

I smiled in awe.

I than looked to the bench on which someone was sitting, while on his phone. It was a guy and since it was kind of getting dark, I had to step a little closer to recognize who it was.

Ross.

I looked at him and started to ask myself why he would be here when he interrupted my thoughts, without even looking up.

"Got a question over there ?"

I raised my brow and decided to sit down next to him, "Nope."

As soon as the words left my mouth, he turned around to face me and than smiled, "Oh, it's you, Laura."

"Oh, yeah it's me, Ross.", I mocked him before asking, "Why are you here ?"

He nodded towards the swings on which Eva and the boy were sitting now, "Babysitting, as you, I guess."