2 | "That's correct."

Chapter 2 "That's correct."

Laura's POV

Slamming my alarm clock shut, I sat up and rubbed my eyes and sat there for a second.

I really don't wanna go to school.

Well, that's what I tell myself everyday but still go to school so..

I stood up and than went into the bathroom and looked at the mirror.

God, my hair is a disaster.

I than took a quick shower before wrapping a towel around me and going into my room. In my room I decided to wear a black jeans and a blue tank top with a black jacket.

I than dried my hair before putting it into a ponytail.

Grabbing my keys, phone and bag I went downstairs to see my mom drinking coffee at the kitchen table.

"Hi mom.", I smiled at her.

"Oh, hi Sweetheart.", she said before yawning.

I eyed her before saying, "Mom, you should probably get some rest."

She gave me a small smile before saying, "I just wanted to say hi to you. I know that we didn't have much time together this week."

I smiled wide at her before hugging her from her position. "It's alright, Mom. Now go get some rest.", I said while trying to get her up from her sitting position.

"Should I drive you to school ?", she asked while yawning again.

"No, Jordan is gonna pick me up today.", I said while she gave up and stood up. "You go and get some rest. We'll talk later."

She than just nodded and smiled grateful, "How did I deserve such a thoughtful girl like you ?"

I just giggled while leading her to the stairs, "Whatever, Mom. Get some sleep."

She than just went upstairs into her bedroom while I grabbed some apple and ate it in the kitchen. I than looked around and saw that she prepared me some lunch.

I couldn't help but smile while taking it from the counter. Just than my phone buzzled and I saw that it was a text from Jordan.

From: Jordan

Hurry up or else we're going to be late.

I rolled my eyes before going to the front door and opening it to see the familiar car parked in front of our house. I made my way towards it and than opened the passenger door before plopping into my seat and turning towards him while closing the door.

"Let me tell you something; If you tell a girl to hurry up, she'll not hurry up on purpose.", I told him, earning a chuckle.

"Well than let me tell you something; If you not hurry up, the boy will just leave you like that without a ride."

I muttered, "Whatever", while putting my seat-belt on.

He started the engine and was the first one to speak up, "About the project.. What about you wait for me after practice and than we could work on it together at my place ?", he suggested.

"I have to wait for you till after practice ? That means I'll see the whole football team.. god no.", I said while leaning back in my seat frustrated.

"Oh, come on. Those guys aren't that bad. You're overreacting."

"I am clearly not. I once was paired up with one of them in chemistry and he literally asked me if I go to this school. Like why would I be there if it was otherwise ?!", I sighed frustrated while glancing out of the window.