Chapter Thirty-One

"Jasmine? It that actually you?"

I stare into Ethan's eyes making all the memories flood back into my mind. I close my eyes and shake my head.

"Jasmine?" I feel Ethan lightly place his hand on my arm. I flinch at his cold touch and take a step back. He's the reason why I'm insecure about myself. He's the one who made me feel worthless and unwanted.

"I-I-I need to go." I stutter as I push him away from me. Tears fall from my eyes and I jog towards my car. I hear foot steps against the snow on the ground behind me. I grab my keys and try to force the key in it's slot, but I loose grip and it falls to the ground. "Crap."

Just as I'm about to pick up my keys, a set of large hands beat me to it. I look up and find Ethan by my side. I sigh and take the keys from his hand.

"Jasmine. Are you seriously going to run out on me again?" Ethan calls out, but I ignore him. "I know you still love me! I can see it whenever you look at me."

I freeze and slam my door shut again, walking towards Ethan so I was right infront of him. I stare up at him as he stares down at me. I couldn't help but notice how much he has changed since I left him.

His arms were more toned and his hair was more organized; gelled up which showed more of his forehead. He had a few tattoo's that were visible through his see through shirt. One looked like a diamond and the other was a word I couldn't make out clearly.

"If you think I still love you, you're right." I say out loud which makes him smile. "But I've realized that being in-love with an idiot like yourself isn't the life I want to live anymore." His smile turns into a straight line. "I'm not going to let anyone use me as their rebound, Ethan."

"Well.." He scratches his head and looks down at me. "I've spent the past eight years trying to contact you.." He nervously coughs and puts his hands back into the pockets of his long winter jacket.

"I'm not available.." I shyly say as I look down at the fresh snow on the ground. I look back up at him and find him staring at me with tears his in eyes.

"I've spent the past eight years trying to figure out ways to apologize to you, but I never knew how to do it." He stares into the distance behind me. I hear the sound of clicking. Crap. I forgot about the papparzzi. "I was a jerk for making you believe that I actually loved you."

"And I've spent the last eight years trying to forget about you." I sigh and wrap the scarf around my neck since it was chilly outside. "Trying to forget how you made me feel about myself." I look down and he places my hands in his.

click click click click

"I want to make things right, Jasmine." He plays with the back of my hand, making circles on it. "I want to give us another shot." His words make me shoot my head up at him. He has a weak smile on his face and for a split second I believe him, but I know it's just one of his little acts.

"I-I'm sorry, Ethan. I'm with someone else." I reply, pulling my hand away from his. I look at his hand that was hanging in mid-air then back up at him.

"With who?" He asks, his voice sounding sad.

"Wi-with, Niall Horan." I say quietly and he shakes his head like there's something wrong with that. I tilt my head to the side and raise an eyebrow. "Is there a problem about me dating someone else besides you?"

"You really thinks he loves you?" Ethan questions. "Dating a famous boy from a boy band- you think it's going to work out?"

"I know it will. He makes me happier than you ever did."

"It's all an act, Jasmine. He doesn't really love you."

"You're a jerk."

"That's not what you told me when we were together." Ethan says with a smirk on his face.

"Goodbye, Ethan." Is the last thing I say before I turn around and walk towards my car. I bang my head against the steering wheel a few times before I gather my thoughts and drive.

****

THE NEXT DAY

NIALL'S POV

"Hey, babe. Um, I still haven't heard from you .. If you could give me a call asap that would be great. I miss and love you, bye."

"She still hasn't contacted you?" Zayn asks as he sits down beside me. I shake my head and he nods. "Girls can be very confusing, mate."

I turn my head and give him a glare. I roll my eyes at him.

"I've been with Jasmine for a whole year. I think I understand why you keep complaining about how hard it is to have a girlfriend."

Zayn nods his head and walks towards the part of the hotel room to his bed where he crawls into and disappears under the covers.

Why hasn't she contacted me yet? I thought to myself. That's it. It's been days since she left. I took out my phone and dialed her number.

"Hello?" Her voice filled my ears and a smile makes it's way onto my face. "Hello?" She said again, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Jasmine?"

"NIALL! OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T CALLED OR TEXTED YOU! YOU PROBABLY HATE ME RIGHT NOW, B-" She starts to rant on the other end.

"Babe, chill. I was just worried..." I trail off and go into my room when I catch Louis and Zayn eyeing me down. "Do you want to talk about it?"

****

JASMINE'S POV

"I'll talk to you later then. I love you, bye." I say into the phone before I click the end call on my screen. I sigh and slide my phone back into my pocket.

"Who was that?" My dad asks as he flips a pancake in a pan.

"It was just, Niall.. He was just checking up on me." I smile at my dad, but he knits his eyebrows together while he looks at me. I watch as he places the last batch of pancakes onto a plate and walks over to me. He sits down across from me and sets the food down on the table.

"Are you alright, Jasmine?" My dad asks. I look at him for a few seconds and nod. "You can tell me, Jas.... Is it about your mother?"

I sigh and cup my cup of coffee in my hands. I look down at my cup and stir the contents of it with a spoon.

"Jasmine?" My dad calls me which snaps me out of my deep thoughts. I take a deep breath and stare down at my hands.

"Do you think she'll make it?" I try to say without breaking down in tears. "Do you think they'll be able to save her?"

My dad sighs and sets his fork and knife down ontop of his plate before he places his hands over my own. I look up at him and find his eyes watery.

"Jasmine. All these years, throughout the thirty years I've been married to your mother, she has always been the one to keep me on my feet. No matter how tough life would get on her, she still managed to stay strong and push through. She's one tough cookie and I know that whatever she goes through, she'll get through it. And we'll be right there with her through it all."

My dad's words set off the waterworks and a few mintues later, my dad's by my side with his arms wrapped around me. I sob into his shoulder until Jackson walks into the room.

"What's happening?" Jackson asks, but I ignore him. "Hellloooo?"

"We were just talking." My dad says as he releases me and returns to his seat. I wipe away my tears and glare at my brother.

"Well?" I ask Jackson harshly. "Do you need something? Or are you just going to be a statue and stand there all day?"

Jackson doesn't say a word before he grabs a plate of pancakes and walks out of the room. I slap my hand over my forehead and hold in a scream.

"You need to make amends with Jackson. Being stubborn during this fragile time isn't healthy, Jasmine. You need to forgive him for whatever he did to you- for whatever made you hold such a harsh grudge against your own brother. Do it for yourself- for all of us, but most importantly, do it for your mom." My dad says before he places his dishes into the sink and leaves me sitting at the table in the kitchen alone.

I sigh and wash the dishes with the thought of my mom and brother in my mind. For yourself, but most importantly, do it for your mom. Those words run through my mind the whole time I clean the dirty dishes. After washing and drying, I place the left overs in the fridge, and walk up the stairs to my room. I walk past my dad's study room, about to knock, before I over hear the conversation he's having.

"I-I don't understand. That can't be right. It seems over the price I agreed to pay! This is absurd! No, NO! I will not pay that amount. You are a crazy man."

I hear footsteps walk towards the door and I run to hide behind the window's curtain. I peak through the little cut and listen as my dad basically screams into the phone.

"NO! I don't care! Take her out of private care! I will not pay! Either you lower the price, or I take her to a better hospital!" My dad yells into the phone before he hangs up. I watch as he violently scratches the back of his head in frustration. He walks back into his study and slams the door shut which makes me flinch at the loud sound. I climb out from behind the curtain and walk towards my bedroom. I jump ontop of my bed and pull out my phone. I stare at his number, knowing that he has all the connections to what I need. I sigh and tap the screen displaying his number.

I tap on my knee, my heart racing after each ring. After countless rings later, he finally picks up.

"Hello?" His voice fills my ears.

"Ethan? I need your help."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Okay, just to clear things up, I'm taking this story to a whole new prespective. It might not be the same 'lovely dovey', 'smooth sailing' type of story, but hey. What kind of story would it be if there wasn't any tension and confusion? YA FEELZ? Alright. I hope you guys keep reading and don't stop! haha!

P.s. I hope you guys have a white and amazayn christmas and new year! HELLO WINTER BREAK! :)