Chapter Thirty-Six

Author's Note:

Mostly Mr.Love and Niall's POV's in this chapter. Enjoy <33

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MR.LOVE'S POV

I reach the door of Fiona's room, but instead of opening it, I hand Ashley the food and motion her to bring it inside. She nods and takes the food from me. I take my phone off of my ear and put my hand on the mic.

"Tell her I'll be right back." I whisper to Ashley and she nods her head again before disappearing into the room. I walk towards the waiting room, thankful that it's empty, and plop myself down in a chair in the corner of the room.

"Hello? Mr. Love?" I hear Niall's voice echo from my speaker.

"Yes, I'm here." I speak into the phone to show I haven't hung up on him.

"About my question .." Niall fades, waiting for me to answer. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before lifing my phone back against my ear.

"Niall, you're a great guy and I'm thankful that Jasmine finally has someone who takes good care of her." I say into the phone and I can hear shuffling on the other line. "But I'm sorry. No. I will not give you permission to marry my daughter."

"I-I'm sorry. Sir, you don't understand. I love your daughter. I know I haven't been with her every minute of the day, but I do love her. You might not see it, but I can acknowledge you, I love her with all of my heart." Niall speaks into the phone and I shake my head.

"Niall, I do understand. YOU are the one who doesn't." I try to explain, but Niall cuts me off.

"I'm sorry if I come off as rude, or intimidating, but I love her, Mr. Love. You need to understand how much I lov-"

"Niall. You're too young to know what love is, and you're too young to be thinking about marriage. You have a career, and Jasmine is still in school. As of right now, I will not allow you to marry my little girl."

"Mr. Love, let me tell you something." Niall speaks again and I reply with a: go on. "All my life, 20 years, I've went through so much. So much pain where I thought and actually believed that there was no hope left; that no one was going to accept my broken, messed up-self. Just when I was about to give up, something, something that I recall to be a miracle came into my life. That miracle was Jasmine, Mr.Love. From the very first day I met her and got to know the real her, I knew that she was the one- the one for me. She pushed me to go big; to go above and beyond all my limits. She's my rock, along with all the other lads. Mr. Love, you can't always see the love between two people, because it's something that can only be felt."

"Niall, that's very kind and detailed of you, but I think you need to take more time to think about this. I've been through this when I was young and I know that if you rush into things, you'll regret it." I explain and I hear a sigh on the other end.

"Mr. Love--" Niall says, but I cut him off.

"Niall, do you hear me? Or are all my words going in one ear, and out the other?" I say impatiently.

"I hear you loud and clear, Sir." Niall replies.

"Good, then you'll hear me when I say, you will not be marrying my daughter. Not right now. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir." Niall says sadly.

"I'm glad you understand." I speak into the phone. "Fiona is waiting for me. I'll speak to you soon, Niall."

"Goodbye, Mr. Love."

"Goodbye, Niall. Have fun on your tour." Is all I say before the line goes dead. I put my face in my hands and rub my face to wake me up.

"Daniel? Are you alright?" I hear a female voice call out. I look towards the door and find Ashley standing with her hands infront of her. "Do you, um, need anything?"

"Uh, no, no. I'm fine. Is she eating?" I ask and she nods. "Thank you, Ashley." I say and she nods before dissappearing again. I stand up from my seat and walk over towards Fiona's room. I push the door open and plaster a smile on my face even though my insides are feeling guilty for crushing Niall's dreams.

NIALL'S POV

I sit in my chair, beer bottle in one hand, and the tiny box holding the precious ring in the other. I flip the lid open and close every once in a while, thinking about what Daniel ordered me not to do: Marry his daughter.

"Wazzup, Uncle Nialla?" Lux cheers as she runs over to me and jumps onto my lap. I smile down at her and wrap her securely in my arms. "What's that?" She points at the maroon box in my hands.

"It's a box." I chuckle and flip it open. "Is it pretty?"

"OOO" She claps her hands and reaches for the box, but someone else grabs it before she does. "Awh." She whines and reaches for the box in Lou's hand.

"NIALL! IS THIS WHAT I THINK IT IS?!" Lou screams and jumps up and down while she examines the contents of the box. I sigh and stand up, lifting Lux in my arms.

"Too bad it's useless." I sigh again and reach for the box, but Lou shifts it to the side out of my reach. "Lou, give me the ring."

"Not until you explain to me why this beautiful ring is useless." She orders and I roll my eyes at her. "Spill it now, Horan. Or else." She threatens and I sigh in defeat.

"I can't use it alright? It's pretty obvious why, Lou." She gasps and slaps her hand over her mouth.

"She said no?!" She screams again and I shake my head. "Then why can't you use it?"

"Her dad rejected me. He warned me not to marry her. He said I was too young to know what love is. You don't know how angry and sad I am. And plus, I still haven't asked her yet- I don't think I'll even get the chance to." I say and Lou sighs. "What?"

"Do you love her?" Lou asks me and I nod my head. "Does she love you back?" I nod my head again and a small smile tugs forms on my lips at the thought of Jasmine. "Then I don't see a problem here, Niall."

"Are you blind? Deaf? Lou, her dad will kill me if I went against him. I don't want to be on any of their bad sides. I'm trying to stay alive here, Lou."

"Hey, call me crazy, but have you ever heard the phrase: love makes you do crazy things?" She says and I nod. "Remember when you went to go search for her in the arena when you knew you would get mobbed?" I nod again. "Well, I think that's pretty crazy."

I shake my head and chuckle. "You're the crazy one here, Lou."

"That's because I'm in love." She smiles at Lux and takes her from my arms. "So, no matter what her father says to you or threatens you with, if you love her enough, I reccommend you do anything in your power to make her yours."

I pull Lou into a hug and squeeze the both of them, Lux squealing and squirming to get away from me which makes me burst out in chuckles. 

"Don't touch me." Lou warns, but I squeeze her tighter. "Don't touch me." She says again. I laugh and release her, planting a kiss on Lux's forehead.

"You're the best stylist, EVER!" I scream and she Lux laughs. "Don't ya think so, Lux?" I tap her nose and she nods and laughs.

"Yaya, I better be in your wedding ... and in your will!" Lou shouts before she disappears into the living room with Lux. I smile and scratch the back of my head. This is it. I'm going to ask Jasmine to marry me and no one, not even Mr. Love can stop me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note #2:

Alright guys! How'd you guys like it so far? #TeamMrLove or #TeamNiall ?? Let me know in the comments! The next few chapters are going to be fast forward-ed. Sadly (or maybe FINALLY for some of you guy), DNH is ending. YAY OR NAY!? hhaa. *sobs* love you guys <33