Chapter Thirty-Nine

Six Months Later

"I'm so proud of you." Mom pulls me into a hug before I take my seat with my graduating class.  "I love you so so much."

I smile at her and kiss her forehead. "I love you too, Mom." I whisper to her before I leave them and sit next to my two best friends. "Ready?"

"Ready." Natalie and Kim link arms with me as the ceremony starts.

"We have had many, many different cultures and personalities walk through our doors and I'm proud to say that all of them are walking about with so much more talent and confidence since day one." Dean Trupp speaks into the mic while family members cheer and clap. "It's an honor to hand each and ever single one of these hard working individuals their degrees. Let's start, shall we?"

Loud cheers come from the crowd while the band plays. Dean Trupp calls out the names by alphabetical order which means I'm part of the last group. What my family doesn't know is that I'll be recieving my degree last.

"Natalie Dolan!" Dean Trupp speaks into the smile and claps while Natalie struts up the stairs and shakes hands with him.

"Chacha! Chacha!" I scream and cheer my best friend on while she walks across the stage.

"I LOVE YOU NATALIE!" Liam screams from the back row. "THAT'S MY BABY!"

"THANK YOU, HATERS!" Natalie screams into the crowd while she walks towards the edge of the stage, doing a back flip before walking off.

"Kimberly Harris!" The Dean cheers and claps while Kim walks up the stairs. "She started off as a little shy, disorganized student who grew up to be much more confident and organized!"

"THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND!" I jump up from my seat and cheer her on with Natalie. Kim takes her degree and shakes Dean Trupp's hand before doing a back flip across stage. "YUUUSS!" I cheer even louder.

"THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND!" Harry screams from the back, throwing his program paper into the air and jumping up and down. "THAT'S MY GIRL!"

Dean Trupp calls the rest of the graduates up and in between, the nerves in my stomach start to act up. This is it.

"We have a very special student. She started at this school unable to stand on her one, yet here she is about to speak in front of all of you." The Dean makes eye contact with me and smiles. "I am proud to present to you, the Validictorian of the University of Manchester, Jasmine Love."

"We love you." Natalie and Kim whisper to me as they pull me into a group hug. "Go kill it."

"I love you guys." I say, trying to not cry.

The crowd cheers as I make my way towards the stage. Dean Trupp shakes my hand and leads me towards the podium. I stand in front of the crowd, scanning from left to right.

"Hi, I'm Jasmine Love and on behalf of my class, I would first like to thank all the teachers who survived our mischief and for not giving up on us no matter how lazy we got." The crowd laughs. "I'd also like to thank Dean Tupp for making it possible for all of us to be here today."

"I LOVE YOU DR.TRUPP!" A graduate screams out which makes everyone laugh again. "YOU GO GLENN COCO!"

I look into the crowd and see Natalie and Kim linked arms with tissue at their eyes. I smile and take a deep breath to stop myself from crying.

"I would like to make a special shout out to thank all the best friends out there who stuck with our stubborn asses ever since day one. To the best friends who were there, through thick and thin, no matter how we treated them; and to the best friends who didn't give up on you."