Chapter Fourty

Two Years Later

"Knock, knock!" A male voice calls from the other side of the door.

"If it's Niall," Kim pauses and thinks. "GO AWAY!"

"It's just me." I hear Dad speak again as he knocks on the old wooden door. "Let me in!"

Kim walls over to the door and unlocks it, letting dad slide into the tiny room. His eyes lock with mine, his eyes tearing up as he smiles at me.

"I can't believe this is happening," Dad wipes his eyes and walks towards me. "I can't believe it."

"Dad, can you save the water works for later? I don't want to ruin my make up!" I laugh and hug him.

"You're getting married, Jas. That's something to cry about." Dad embraces me. "I'm so happy for you baby girl."

"Five minutes until the ceremony people! Everyone in their dresses and places please!" Tanya, the wedding planner walks into the room and throws orders around. "Daddy of the bride, get to your spot, get, get!"

"Yes, Ma'am!" Dad salutes and hugs me one last time before he walks out of the room. "I love you!" He shouts before Tanya shuts the door behind her.

"Are you ready?" Mom steps forward and rests her hand on my forearm.

I smile and nod. "I've been ready since the very beginning, Mom."

"Let's go get you married then." Mom smiles and kisses my foreheard before she lets go of my arm and disappears with all the other bridesmaids, leaving me alone.

Lifting my dress, I walk over towards the mirror and smile, admiring the finished product. A tear rolls down my cheek. "This is it." I say to myself. "This is it."

The echo of the organ fills the chapel, zoning me back into reality. I walk out of the room and stand on the balcony as I watch my bridesmaids and groomsmen walk down the aisle in a chapel full of people I love. The music changes and I take a deep breath and walk down the stairs towards the doors.

"Jasmine, that's your cue." Tanya says, pointing her finger at me. "Whenever you're ready, hun." She smiles at me.

I take a deep breath and nod, watching her as she pulls the doors open, revealing a large room filled with all my family and friends. I can't help but tear up when they all smile at me. Dad stands at the beginning of the aisle, waiting until I'm close enough for him to take my hand.

He pats my arm as he walks me down the aisle, and the only thing I can hear is his sniffling beside me. I look over at him and smile, a tear running down my cheek. I squeeze his hand and slide closer to his side.

"I love you," I lean in to his side and whisper. "Love you, daddy."

Dad looks over at me and cries. "I love you too, baby girl." He smiles through his tears. I smile back at him and wipe the tears from his face with my free hand.

Before I know it, we're at the end of the aisle and Niall stands in front of me looking handsome as ever.

"I love you." Dad whispers to me as he breaks the hug. He turns to Niall and nods. "Take care of my daughter, Horan." He says, slipping my hand into Niall's.

Niall nods. "You got it, Dad." Niall smiles at dad and pulls him into a hug beofre looking at me, setting off butterflies in my stomach.

"Hi," I whisper to him as we walk the short distance towards the podium. "You look very handsome by the way."

"Hi," Niall laughs and sticks his tongue out at me. "You don't look so bad yourself."

Once we reach the podium, a minister steps forward with a bible, the organ stops and everyone around us sit.