Chapter 1// Three Years Ago

___________
Chapter 1-
Three years ago

"Have you got everything?" Mum asks, helping me with my bag, well pretty much shoving it in my face.

"Yes." I say smiling. The train made a loud sound that frightened me that I nearly dropped my book I was holding. I got restless, hoping it wouldn't leave without me. I looked back at my parents hoping they would speed up the goodbyes. Sure I'll miss them, but I don't wanna miss my chance to catch this train.

"You better go." Dad says, noticing my discomfort. "I love you, Rose."

"I love you too." I hug both of my parents before letting go. I turn around to board the train, I see Albus and James waiting for me with big smiles.

I smile at my cousins as we step on Hogwarts Express on platform nine and three quarters. Now to see what the hype is really about, not just in stories anymore. This was my life now.

We boarded the train, I followed James down the corridors and found a compartment that was empty. Albus wasn't with us, I didn't know where he went off to.I shrugged it off and waved out the window to my parents as the train finally took off.

A few minutes later Albus walks back in, but not alone. With him, stood an eleven year old boy with nearly white blonde hair and a smile on his face. His eyes skimmed past James, landing on me. Well more like landing on my fiery red hair. His upper lip twitches slightly as he obviously knows who I am.

"Guys this is Scorpius Malfoy." Albus introduced.

As soon as I heard the name, I looked away. Dad warned me about him, and how he will tease me endlessly. But he's not his father, he can't be, we are all different from our parents.
He was Draco Malfoy son. Mum said just because they weren't friends with him when they were at hogwarts, doesn't mean his son will be the same.
I agreed with her.

"Hi." He said taking a seat next to me. I tried my best not to take too much interest. I had to keep my distance, best not to get too close to a Malfoy.

"Ginger hair, freckles, hand me down clothes, you must be a Weasley." He says.

Dad was right about one thing. Once a Malfoy, always a Malfoy. That never changes.

"That's true. But I'm also a Granger."

He said nothing else, he almost looked like he was out spoken, dumbfounded.

I was happy that I wouldn't have to make conversation with him. He will be in Slytherin and I'll be in Griffindor. That's enough to have distance between us.

Right?

Bonus:

Scorpius Malfoy

Rose Weasley was a ginger head with hand me down robes. But when I tried to throw an insult at her, i felt bad. She hasn't done anything.

But she's really pretty, I hope we do get along, even if it takes all year. I know she doesn't want anything to do with me, but already I'm drawn to her.

But why?

She's just some girl I met on the train. I look down at my hands trying not to engage with her too much. I can see how she's trying to avoid me, best not to push a Granger.

The train ride was long but I time didn't matter when I was sitting next to Rose Weasley.