Chapter 18// BaLL wIth Me?

___________
Chapter 18
____________

"No, I'm sorry." I smile apologetically to a Ravenclaw boy who had worked up the courage to ask me to the ball. That was the Fifth time in one day.

"Why do you get all the boys." Lily asks next to me while stabbing her peas with a fork but ended up stabbing the plate making an unpleasant sound.

"Maybe because your violent behaviour towards stabbing peas aggressively scared them away." I say scooping mash potatoes onto my spoon.

She looked at me, about to defend herself with an argument then sighed. "Probably."

"Don't worry lily, your beautiful, someone will ask you." I reassure her.

"Not as beautiful as you, Rose."

I completely disagreed with that. I would have rather had my mums brunette hair then red. And the dimples on my cheeks really showed as I'm getting older, and my green eyes probably looked like a bogger colour.

"It's in 5 weeks, we need to get you a dress." I say to lily.

Her face lit up for a second then went to disappointment. "What's the point if no one has asked me?"

"Do you fancy anyone?" I ask.

"Yeah, a boy in Griffindor." She said blushing.

"Well maybe you should ask him. I know that the boys have to ask but what if they feel embarrassed like what we would feel? Maybe he's too scared to ask you? Your a strong girl lily, just ask him. You might make his day."

She smiled at me, putting down her fork. "Your the best Rose."

"I know." I joke.

•••••
"An Outstanding for you Miss Weasley. Just like your mother." Professor Longbottom smiled handing me back a recent test.

"Good job." A certain blonde boy next to me whispered.

"Mr Malfoy, an Outstanding for you too." He said handing Scorpius his test. I smiled back at Scorpius, I wasn't trying to beat him anymore, I was still the best at every class and he is too. And I'm okay with it.

"What your favourite that you always read? Or a book your reading at the moment?" Scorpius suddenly asks.

"Uh, The tales Of the Beedle and the Bard, is the book. But the story I'm up to is Babbitty Rabbitty and her Crackling Stump." I say a little curious why he wants to know.

After class he didn't wait for me, we left as quickly as possible which was weird, but I tried not to worry. He probably needed time out or something.

"Thomas hi!" I say bumping into him.

"Hey Rose! Oh do you know who Ronan is? Because he keeps asking for you." He says.

"Ugh, pretend I'm not here. He wants to take me to the ball. I said no."

"Why? Are you waiting for a certain someone?" Thomas grins wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shut up." I say shoving him into the wall beside him.

"Where is he anyway? I thought he came out with you?"

"No he left quite quickly actually." I frown. "I better get back."

"Okay, see ya Rose!" Thomas waved walking past me.

I went back to my dorm, I had an hour until I meet Scorpius up at the Astronomy Tower again. I take out my book of the Beedle And The Bard and flipped to where my book mark was.

Something's wrong. I looked over at the other page that I haven't read up to yet and some letters were highlighted.

Who the hell highlighted my book! MY BOOK?

I look closer. My eyes widen in shock and my heard beating a million trillion times per second. As I put the highlighted words together it read:

'B a L L w I t h M e ?'

With a small scribbled of a name underneath:

Scorpius