Chapter 7// Just like a Granger

__________
Chapter 7

"I see you've packed." Malfoy says looking at my trunk and muggle clothes.

"I see you haven't."

"Well I have to stay here. I can't go back to that mansion." He says quietly.

Suddenly an idea popped into my head. "You could stay at the burrow, I mean your Albus and my best friend so I'm sure dad will be okay with it." I suggest hoping you he will say yes.

"Ah, that would be great. Thanks Rose." He smiles. I cringe at what Albus and James will have to say about me inviting him. I will never hear the end of it.

"I'll send an owl." I grin. I walked up the stairs making sure I was stable enough just in case they decide to move. I open the door to the owlry.

'Dear mum and dad

Scorpius Malfoy is one of our best friends, please don't judge him because of his last name, especially you dad. Could he come spend Christmas with us? He has no where to go.

Love Albus and Rose.'

I folded it up and gave it to my owl as its brown wings flapped and lifted up off the ground into the air.

I raced back down before the stairs had a chance to move when I ran into someone.

"Audrey! Hi, sorry." I say. She looked up brushing her blonde fringe out of the way. Her brown eyes looking up at me.

"Oh, hi Rose!" She smiled.

"How are you? Well how are you and my cousin?" I put on a sweet knowing smile.

"Oh, James. Yeah he's great." She blushed.

"I know you'll be good for him." I smile.

She smiled again. "And you and Scorpius?"

"Oh, there is no me and Scorpius." I laugh nervously.
"Well... anyway, are you coming to the burrow for Christmas?" I ask changing the subject.

"Yeah, actually I am. James invited me, you should invite scorpius too." She smirked.

I laughed. "I already have, I'm waiting in a reply. I don't know how well dad is going to handle a Malfoy in the house."

"Well you never know." Audrey smiled. "Well James wants to meet me in the courtyard, so bye!"

"See ya." I say as she walks off.

I went down the hall opening the doors to the library. Books and books filling the selves and hundreds of titles.

I collect some books that grab my attention and pile them on the desk.
Book of potions, including Polyjuice and Felix luck I take to the desk. After borrowing them, I carry the heavy books out, opening the door with my back. But someone on the other side was opening it at the same time. I fell back into someone with my books flying across the floor.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Rose! Are you okay?" Scorpius panicked helping me up.

"I'm fine it's okay." I blush.

"Are you sure."

I'm not that fragile. I think to myself.

"Positive." I say.

I kneel down to pick up my books.

"Let me carry some Rose. You look like you've borrowed the whole library." Scorpius says taking some books off my hands.

"Thanks."

"Just like a Granger." I heard him mutter as he smiled to himself.

"So, how's Drapple treating you?" I laugh as we continue our way to our defence against the dark arts class.

"Albus will mentions every time an Apple comes into sight." He grins.

"Haha, just wait till you meet lily. She's adorable. She's eleven next year. And my brother Hugo." I say. My eyes widen in realisation.

"I've got to check the mail!"

"Wait no stop." Scorpius called.
"These books are breaking my arms. And besides the post comes tomorrow, silly."

"Oh, right." I say embarrassed. I go to the fat lady and she puts down her cup of tea with a huff.

"You two again? You know slytherins aren't allowed in here." The fat lady grumbled.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the portrait." Scorpius whispered in my ear making me laugh.

"Gummy cone." I say.

"Ugh," The fat lady huffed opening the door.

"So, um Rose. I just want to let you know that we are now 10 minutes late to Defence against the Dark Arts class."

I nearly dropped my books.

"10 MINUTES? WHAT ARE WE DOING JUST STANDING HERE? COME ON!" I yelled in shock running out the room dragging him along with me.

I knew he was smiling at me. I couldn't help but blush.