Chapter 15// Teach me how to dance.

____________
Chapter 15

The Great Hall went silent as the students of Ilvermorny and Durmstrang walked through the doors. Performing there piece down the hall, and sat at the end of the extended tables.

"I welcome Durmstrang and Ilvermorny to Hogwarts, enjoy your stay here. Now under this sheet holds the Goblet of fire. As you know, only one student from each school is chosen." Headmistress McGonagall announced.

I looked at the boys in Durmstrang one looked back at me in a flirty way. I didn't like it very much but he was quite handsome, they all are.

"Ball room dances will be held in zone 3, every day starting from today." McGonagall said. Most girls giggled and applause quietly to themselves. Lucky I have a free period so I won't have to do it.
I looked over to Scorpius and he smirked knowing that I won't be able to fully get out of learning to dance.

"From now on," she said loudly ripping the sheet off, underneath a tall statue. "The Goblet of fire will accept your name, if you are 16 years and over." The fire lit up in a blue flame making 'ooos' all around. "Enjoy the feast." McGonagall finnished.

Once again the tables filled with food of all kinds. Thomas and Nathan waved at me from the Slytherin table as I waved back and continued to eat.

••••

"Okay, I'm here. Man, that was a lot of steps. You know what? I'm so exhausted, I don't think I can dance-"

"Rose, nothing you do will change my mind." Scorpius interrupted.

"Ugh." I huff. "But its cold up here."

"Okay." He says taking off his Slytherin scarf around his neck and wrapped it gently around mine. His fingers touch ever so softly to my neck. "Better?"

"Thanks." I blush at our close proximity.

"Good. Now follow after me."

He did a forwards step, back, side, then the same on the left side. I stand beside him watching his feet, trying to get into some kind of rhythm. But I nearly tripped over twice over my own feet.

"I suck at this." I say.

"No, you just need practice." He smiled. "I didn't expect you to get it on the first night."

"Wait, the first night?" I questioned.

"I'm teaching you how to dance. It takes time." He says.

"Touché."

Silence fell over the room.
Scorpius looked up at me again, his face in a frown.

"Who's that guy that was staring at you, at the feast. From dumb stag."

"It's Durmstrag," I correct.
That was the last thing I expected him to say. "And I have no idea."

I take a breathe and look up at him.
"Okay Scorpius, work your magic, teach me how to dance."

••••

"Hey. I'm Ronan Silverwright." A deep voice said from behind. I turned around and saw the boy that was staring at my yesterday at the feast.

"Uh, hi." I frown, turning back to my book.

I was in the library, again, because Professor longbottom was having trouble with a plant called fire dragon. He wanted me to find him the book on how to cure it.

"And you are?"

I rolled my eyes. "Rose Weasley."

"Your dads famous. And your mum." He says.

"Yep." I say still not interested.

"Well, Rose, how would you like to come as my date to the Yule Ball?" He asked confidently. I turned to him.

Couldn't he take the hint?

"I'm actually not attending the ball. I can't dance." I say dryly.

"I can teach you."

I nearly laugh out loud. "No someone already is. And I'm hoping he asks me. So I'm sorry but it's a no at the moment, Rony Silverwight."

"It's Ronan, actually-"

"Whatever." I shut my book and made my way out the library.
Instead of Ronan looking rejected, he looked amused and I knew that it wasn't a good sign.

"Hey, wait!" He called. I walked fast, around the corner to get away from him and then I bumped into someone, causing me to fall.

"Shit, Rose." Scorpius said catching me by the arms. "I'm sorry."

"You just swore." I said.

"Ah, Thomas is hanging around me too much." He says with a shrug.

"I didn't know he swore too?"

"Well he's being polite. Why were you in such a rush?" He asks.

Soon the problem came running up behind me.

"Rose! Ah I thought I lost you there babe-"

"Don't call me babe." I snaps

I hate being called that by anyone, I wouldn't even let Scorpius call me that.

"Who's this?" Ronan asked eyeing Scorpius.

"My dancing partner. Now I have to go." I snap at Ronan.

"That's your dancing partner?" He chuckled. "Phew, I thought it was your boyfriend or something. Then I would have really make a mistake there."

"Well it's your lucky day. Because, ah... yes he is, Scorpius is my boyfriend." I blurted out before I can stop myself. Scorpius blushed and looked at me confused.

"Now, we are going." I say grabbing Scorpius's hand.

"What was that about?" Scorpius asks as we were out of Ronan's sight.

I paused.

"Ah. Nothing. I need to drop this book off for Professor Longbottom."