Chapter 21// The Yule Ball

^photo of Rose and Scorp at ball, with her green dress:)^

___________
Chapter 21
___________

I could here the music in the great hall from Griffindor Common Room. Lily had already slipped on her red dress and was blow drying her hair.
My dress was beautiful, I don't want to take it off anytime soon. I straightened my hair which took about an hour and a half, then parted it into two loose braids.

I put on my shoes with no heel, other wise I'll trip over and Scorpius won't notice I fell, like that time at the Astronomy tower. I was excited to see Scorpius and pretty much eat food. I was more excited to eat than to dance. Or read, yeah. But I know tonight will be an amazing night.

Muggle songs were playing, 'still falling for you' by Ellie Goulding was bursting out from the speakers when I walked down the stairs with Lily.

And exactly... like at the exact time of the lyrics I opened the door.

'And just like that, all I breathe, all I feel, you were all for me, I'm in...'

I see Scorpius right on that line, as the breeze from the fans hit my face, and the smell of pastries and chocolate hit my nose, and the blue eyes of the boy I adored staring awestruck into mine.

From that moment on we were burning on the edge of something beautiful, it was more than just a crush.

I walk slowly to Scorpius, I felt Lily leave my side. He was wearing brown pants, a clean white shirt and a light blue tux, which made his eyes stand out.

"Rose- wow, I mean, wow." He stumbles over his words. "You look beautiful."

"Uh thanks." I blush.

But an annoying voice from behind spoke. Abbey, the clingy girl from Slytherin that's obsessed with Scorpius.

"Scorpie! I thought you weren't coming to the ball?" She said to Scorpius but glaring dagger eyes at me.

"And I thought you were going to leave me alone." He said annoyed.

"Oh, don't be like that." She batts her fake eyelashes and puts her hand on his arm. "Rock? Or is it Rox?"

"It's Rose." I say loudly over the music.

"Same thing, are you like in the friend area or something?" She asks. I want to hit her for not even using the correct term.

I laugh. "I'm in the friend-zone?"

"What? Has anyone actually noticed you?" She smirks.

"Okay, Abbey just stop." Scorpius said stepping infront of me to block our eye contact. I was so ready to punch her. "Rose is with me, your the one in the friend-zone."

Still Abbey still smirks. "Well does a girl in the friend zone do this?" She grabbed Scorpius's face and kissed him, practically eating his face off. He shoved her off.

I was furious that she kissed him.
As she turned to smirk at me I raised my hand and punched her full square in the nose.

"Ow! you BITCH!" She yells.

None of the teachers had noticed but soon Abbey will be complaining to them. I would get detention and a letter home but it was worth it. Mum had said if your going to get in trouble for hitting someone, you may as well hit them hard.

"I think you just broke my nose!" She death stared me.

I didn't at all feel sorry for her, honestly I felt like laughing.

"Thats the point." I shrug.

As Abbey stormed away with her pink dress bouncing with her, Scorpius grabbed my and pulling me out of the great hall. He looked like he was about to laugh but also very shocked.

"You are scary sometimes," he smiles, "brilliant, but scary."
We both burst into fits of laughter.

"Your going to get detention, you know that?" He says.

"It was seriously worth it." I smile.

Suddenly the door burst open and in came Lily, Thomas, Nathan, Albus and James.
"What the hell happened, I heard you punched Abbey!" Lily said shocked.

I smiled. "Pretty damn hard too."

"I saw it, good punch Rose." Thomas laughs.

"Your going to get into big trouble." James says to me.

"I wish I saw it, why did you punch her?"

"Just making my point." I shrug.

"So your not angry at me?" Scorpius asks quietly.

"No, she was the one that was sucking your face off." I smile holding his hand.

"Dance with me?" Scorpius asks smiling.

"Sure."

We went to the dance floor as the others went back to their dates. This time the song that was playing was 'In The Name Of Love,' by Martian and Bebe.

The the Triwizard Competitors had danced with their dates first and then we joined in.

Scorpius clasps his hands around my back and draws me closer. I place my hands on his shoulder. We dance to the music.

I rest my head on his shoulder. Feeling his heart beating fast and mine beating ten times faster.
This moment right here is the one I'll remember forever.

There's nothing to worry about when I'm in his arms, except for the fact that I might receive a howler in the morning.