Chapter 29// Suspicions

Chapter 29// suspicions

"Did I just witness you and scorpius together in the hallway with a blush on your face yesterday?" Thomas asks me raising his eyebrows. Nathan gave me a question look from the other side of me.

"We were just walking to class, I don't see why there's such a fuss." I say covering up yesterday's events.

"Albums told me you drew lovehearts with your initials in them." Nathan chuckled.

"Ah ha, why would I do that?" I laugh remembering back in third year.

"And coloured them in." Thomas added.

"Then added little arrows." Nathan continued.

"If you don't shut it there will be an arrow somewhere else as well." I threatened.

"You wound me." Nathan says placing his hand over his heart and sat down in the chair beside me.

Professor Longbottom handed out books on plants we are studying for our NEWTS.

"Did it was it fatal?" I ask him as I flipped through the pages.

"What?"

"Was your wound fatal?" I repeat.

"No?"

"What a shame, really."

I glanced at the clock, class begun ten minutes ago. Where's Scorpius? He wouldn't be late to a class.
Then again, I haven't seen him at all since yesterday.

Thomas and Nathan went to there next class after herbiology and I was left to walk up a dozen stairs to Muggle Studies.

I sat next to James and Albus who were engaged in a conversation. James sounded like he was defending someone and Albus wasn't happy with whatever was going on.
As soon as Albus saw me he shut James up and gave me a curious look.

"What?" I questioned as I opened my 'Muggle History Volume 1.'

"You seem to be hanging around with Malfoy more than often." Albus says.

Oh not him too. "For your information Malfoy isn't even here today. And what? Do you have a problem with me being best friends with Scorpius?" I say maybe getting a bit too defensive.

"No. But Hugo certainly does." Albus shrugged.

"Hugo?" I say trying to sound like it doesn't effect me. "Why would he be curious?"

"He says Ron doesn't want you to hang around Scorpius, and told Hugo to watch you." James says quietly.

He. Said. What.

Looks like dad and I need a little word. And as for Hugo, he needs to mind his own business.

I met Lily out in the courtyard at break. The sun was burning hot on my skin and the wind was cooling.

"Lily, have you heard from Scorpius by any chance?" I asked her.

"No? Why isn't he here?" She says bringing her chocolate bar down from her mouth.

"No, and I'm kind of worried. He would never miss a whole day of school." I say shaking my head in confusion.

"Maybe check the owlery and send him an owl." Lily suggests.

"Good idea." I say getting up. I wave bye to Lily and head up to the medium sized tower.

On my way up I walked into someone that had a strong smell of perfume. I looked up to see Abbey and her minions.
She looked at me with disgust.

"Watch were your going, Weasley." She spits.

"Well if you and your walking minions didn't go bulldozing down the stairs, there wouldn't be an issue." I snap and shove past her friends to continue my walk.

I didn't even get to the door when a hooting noise came from the window. I look over to see my brown feathered owl holding a letter in its beak.

I take the note and it had neat hand-writing that said Rose. I unfolded it and started to read.

"Rose,
Don't worry, I'm okay. Don't panic but mum has been taken to the hospital. I wanted to be with her when she passes.
Stay at Hogwarts.
             Love Scorpius.

His mum. The cancer.
I'm going to the hospital and no one will stop me.