Chapter 13// The bet

____________
Chapter 13

Over the past couple of days, I learnt more about Thomas and Nathan, I have been sitting with them at break with Albus. Thomas is the funny one and Nathan is the 'dumb' one I guess.

"What is the difference between a tuna, a piano and glue?" Thomas asks.

"What?" Albus asks.

"You can tuna a piano but you can't piano a tuna." Thomas said.

"What's the glue then?" Nathan asks. I rolled my eyes, it was so obvious.

"I knew you'd get stuck there." Thomas pointed out.

I shake my head at the joke and glanced at my surroundings. From a far distance I saw Lily wave at me to come to her. I told scorp I'd be back in a minute and went over to lily.
"Hi lily, what's up?"

"Are You going to the ball with Scorpius?"

Stunned at the question, I couldn't seem to speak. Am I going with him? No he's my best friend. But would I if he asked me? Probably. I don't know if I want to go to the ball, I can't ball room dance. I'll trip over my own feet. He hasn't asked me, does that mean he doesn't want to go? Maybe he asked someone else? Or he could be waiting on me to ask him. But don't the boys ask the girls? I guess that doesn't matter. Lily stared at me waiting for my answer which I didn't have.

"Uh, Lily! So who are you going with?" I say covering up my shocked faces

"Don't change the topic on me Rose." She said seriously. "Hasn't he asked you?"

"It's a month away. It would be too early to ask." I laugh nervously.

"It's not too early, Rose. Right now you would be thinking it's too late. You should ask him." Lily nudged me.

"What if I don't want to go."

"I know you do!" Lily slapping my arm.

"Ouch. Well fine. But what if I don't want to go with him." I suggest raising my eyebrow. But honestly I wouldn't want to go with anyone but Scorpius.

"You do too you little lair! Don't worry, Rose, he will ask you." Lily said smirking. "He liked you from the start, even Albus and James bet on it."

"What?"

"$30 gallons that you will end up with Scorpius at the Yule ball. And James thinks it'll be sooner." Lily smiled.

"Those little-" I stopped myself at a word I didn't want to say infront of lily.

Unbelievable. Unbe-fudging-lievable.
I can't believe my cousins made a bet on my live life. Now I was angry, no I was furious. I stormed back over to the Slytherins, yanking Albus by the t-shirt.

He let out a yell as Scorpius, Thomas and Nathan looked frightened for him.

"Where the hell is james?" I ask Albus fiercely.

"Ah, with Audrey... there!" He pointed.

I dragged him to the steps out the front of charms classroom, I mouth sorry to Audrey as I yanked James with me.

"What the hell, Rose!" He yelled.

I pushed them both up against the empty hall way wall.

"Something you two want to tell me?" I asked, arms crossed glaring at the two shocked faces of my cousins.

"No?" James says a bit unsure.

"It's now or a punch in the face." I threaten.

"Okay, okay, okay!!" Albus said holding his hands over his face.
"We might have made a bet-"

"Oh that's what she's talking about." James interrupted in realisation.

"Continue." I say to Albus.

"I bet you'll end up together at the Yule ball, and James bet me that you'll end up together sooner." Albus said protecting his face.

"I know." I smirk.

"What? Then- what?"

"Lily told me. You two are unbelievable. You know what I bet?"

"What?" They said sounding a bit scared.

I point my finger in their face as I glare into their eyes.
"I bet that the two of you put together isn't as smart as the average dog." With that, I walked off.