Chapter 19// He's a keeper

__________
Chapter 19
_________

I have never been more thrilled to walk up hundreds of stairs to the Tower. I wasn't annoyed that he highlighted words in my favourite book, because that is how you ask a girl out to the ball.

Not even that, I never though Scorpius would ask me. I was jumping with joy inside and the first thing I did when I saw him waiting at the top, I ran up and practically threw myself in a hug.
He instantly hugged me back. It made my whole body shiver and a smile spread across my face.

"I'm guessing you got the hidden message?" He smiled.

I nod and decided to tease him a little.

"And I'm so sorry Scorpius but-"

"Oh." He frowned looking really sad and disappointed. I felt so bad but I couldn't bite back my smile.

"-stop frowning before you break your face- but I just can't say no, of course I want to go to the Ball with you!"

His face smiled in a mix of shock and realisation. He pulled me into another hug. I felt warm in his arms.

"I honestly thought you would turn me down." He says.

"Never." I smile. "Is this our last dance lesson?"

"Yes. But tonight instead of by yourself, your going to practice with a partner." He says.

"Ew, I hope your not my partner." I joke.

"Okay then, I'll just go wake up Ronan-"

"NO! I'll be your partner!" I say as soon as I heard his name.

He smirked because he knew he had me there.
He placed his hands lightly on my waist and I place my arms around his neck. I nearly forget the steps as he was capturing every part of me.

•••••

"What about this one?" Lily asks holding up a green dress. I twisted my lips and shook my head, she sighed and put it back on the rack.

We went into many different stores in London on the weekend. We finally found an amazing red dress for lily that went up to her knees. She still didn't have a date but she got the dress anyway. I know someone will come along, or she will ask the that boy in Griffindor.

I search the racks and frown. "We need to find something that-"

"-is going to knock Scorpius over his feet? Yeah I know," lily finnished my sentence. "I knew he would ask you."

"Well... he didn't actually ask me." I grin.

"What? Then how did he? Was it romantic?" Lily asks all eyes on me.

"He highlighted the each word out of my favourite book, so when I put it together it said 'ball with me?' Honestly that is the better than asking out loud." I smile.

"Aweeee." Lily cooed. "How did I never think of that- he's a keeper."

"This one." I say holding up a beautiful colour green long smooth dress. It was simple but eye catching.

"Omg! You have to try it on!" Lily said pushing me into the change rooms.

It fitted perfectly, I slipped it on and it fitted around curves I never knew I had, and went just above the floor. I smiled into the mirror, all the colours fitted together, my red hair and my green eyes and dress worked perfectly.
I walked out of the change room and saw Lily's eyes widen.
"That's the one!"