Chapter 24// I promise

Chapter 24

I must have fell asleep in the library, because when I woke up, I was still sitting in the chair at the back with the last selves of books.

I would stay in here forever. But I know that everyone will be looking for me.

I walked to the front of the library when someone walked into the side of me.
"Rose!" I got pulled into a hug. I didn't know who it was yet, it could be a stranger or a criminal.
"I searched the library hundreds of times, but I didn't know where you were. It's like a maze in here."

Soon I realised that it was Scorpius voice and scent. I hugged him back tighter.

"Everyone was so worried about you." He said pulling away to look at me.

"I fell asleep." I say tiredly.

"Let's go back." He said gently holding my hand. My hand tingled at his touch.

"But-"

"No buts." He says gently again.

Lily, James, Audrey, Thomas and Nathan were standing on the grassed area. They all turned to me with relief.

"Are you okay Rose?" Audrey asks,
Letting go of James's hand and stepping forward.

"I'm okay, I just fell asleep in the library." I say.

"We should give Rose some space, whatever it is, she will tell us when she's ready." Lily said to them. James grabbed Audrey's hand pulling her towards the castle as the others followed.

Scorpius stayed with me. Just like he promised.

Scorpius POV

I watched as the others left, Rose looked tired and hurt. I know her dad told her to stay away from me, but I made her a promise that I'm always here for her.

She is my best friend after all. Well not to me, I've fallen more in love with her each and every day.

"I want to fly." She suddenly says.

"You wanna fly? Then you got to give up the things that weigh you down." I say without thinking.

"No, a broomstick, Scorpius. I want to go on it again." She says amused.

I nod and smile, remembering last time when I was trying to teach her to fly a broomstick. She thought she was going to space.

"And I promise you, that you will not end up in space." I say smiling.

"I don't care where I am, as long as I'm with you."

My heart leaped. Even at the smallest thing she does, I have the urge to kiss her. She's so fragile and I know that I can't hurt her. Her dad would burry me in a hole. And my dad will disown me.

My mum wants to meet her. But I don't know if she would be allowed to go to the mansion that her mum got tortured in. I don't want her to be uncomfortable or frightened.

We go to the broom cupboard and I grab to broomsticks. She takes on and we walk out on the grass.

"Ready?" I ask.

"Always."

She didn't need another comfort comment because she pushed up off the ground and flew up really high. I followed making sure she was balanced. 

She went up higher then turned on her back and laid down on her broomstick. I flew up next to her.

Her Ginger hair blowing in the wind and her eyes shut. I kept my eyes off her body and in her beautiful face. I think if her half smile, her smirk, her laugh and how she puts her hand over her mouth if she's done something wrong. Every little thing that she doesn't even notice.

"Rose, you look beautiful." I blurted out.

She opened her eyes and twisted her head side ways, she looked at me with wide eyes. "Me? Are you crazy? You need to get you eyes checked."

I'm crazy about you.

"What?"

"What?" I replied.

"You said that out loud."

"Oh.." I panicked. I felt the blood run to my head. I hate that she can make me feel this way.

"Scorpius, I don't care what will happen next, but my dad can't know. No one can. Not even Hugo or my cousins. My dad will find out a way to know if I'm with you." She says.

"So you mean, keep our friendship a secret?" I say forcing myself to say friend.

"To keep us a secret."

I knew, that it wasn't just friendship we were talking about.

That means, I actually have a chance. She could like me, and I don't know how much longer I can hold before kissing her.

"I promise." I say