Chapter 10// A new year at Hogwarts

___________
Chapter 10

We were on the train back to Hogwarts, waving goodbye to the Weasley's and the Potters. I sat next to lily and on the other side of me was Hugo. Across from us in the compartment was Albus and Scorpius. James and Audrey were in another compartment.

We told lily and Hugo all about Hogwarts, who were the best teachers, who were the worst. Secret gardens and the room of requirement. But lily was most excited about the Yule ball.

"What dress should I wear rose? Green? Or red?" Lily asks me excitedly.

"Lily were aren't even at Hogwarts yet." I giggle. "On break, just before the Ball, we will find you a dress."

"And you too, Rose. You have to come! What dress will you wear? What colour dress, Scorpius?"

I turned to Scorpius. Please don't answer that. Please don't answer-

"Green." He smiles. "It goes with your eyes."

I blushed and my heart was jumping out of my chest. My eyes. He noticed my eyes. I shook my head.
Well duh, he's known me for years so I guess it would be weird if he didn't know the colour of them.

"Aw! Well it's settled then!" Lily exclaimed.

"I'm not going. Theres no way in wizarding world, I am dance at a stupid ball." Hugo huffed crossing his arms beside me.

"You will when you met her." I smirk.

"Who?" He asks, confused as ever as we all laugh.

The train arrived and I said goodbye to lily and Hugo as they went off with Hagrid. I forgot all about him, he's so isolated from the Castle that I never see him.

"Hi Hagrid!" I say.

"Hello, Rose Weasley! How yeh doin'? You too lily an' Hugo." Hagrid greeted with his bushy hair in his face.

"Hello." Lily said shyly.

"First year' ova here!" Hagrid called to the wizards and witches getting off the train.

"Bye guys!" I say then ran to catch up with Albus and Scorpius.

Scorpius went off to sit at the Slytherin table as the sorting ceremony took place, putting Hugo and Lily in Griffindor.

"This year the Triwizard Tornament will take place." Professor McGonagall announced after the sorting. "Ilvermorny, and drumstag school will be coming to Hogwarts for the three wizardry tasks."

"There are strict rules of no one under the age of 16 will participate, according to the Ministry of Magic." McGonagall explained. Her thin lips formed into a smile. "The Yule ball will be on Christmas Eve. In one of your classes you will learn to Ball dance."

Hugo sighed resting his chin in his hands. "I'm not learning to dance."
What a fun, happy brother I have.

"Now let the feast begin and celebrate the start of another amazing year at Hogwarts!" McGonagall finished.

The hall erupted into laughter, chatter and cheering. On top of the four long tables appeared a buffet of food. Chicken, spaghetti, potatobake, pasta, rice and much more.

"Are theses floating candles?" Hugo asks amazing looking up above.

"That's so cool!" Lily says.

"I remember our first time at Hogwarts." I say to Albus.

"What? When you and Scorpius didn't talk to each other? A lot has changed." Albus smirked.

"Shut up."

After the feast, we waited first years follows their house prefects to their dorms.
I start to follow the first years up the stairs when a hand grabbed my wrist, frightening me a little.

"Scorpius." I whisper, "you frightened me."

"Sorry Rose. But I was wondering if you would come with me to the library. I need to talk to you." He says looking straight into my eyes.

"Okay?"

He still had hold of my wrist. He looked down on his grab, blushed and let go. He seemed a bit overwhelmed, or about to break down.

I was here for him. That's all that mattered right now.