Chapter 3// Loved A Girl He Couldn't Have

__________
Chapter 3

It was our sixth year at Hogwarts, I walked to my first class of charms and sat down in my seat.

There waits Scorpius, he looks up at me with an expression I can't quiet put my finger on. Not a smile but his eyes linger on my hair, then lips then back to my eyes again.
I'm still beating him at every test, except for magical creatures class. He is the best in that one.

"Now please get in your groups, we have a project due in next week!" The professor announced.

"Hey," he bumped me on the shoulder with his.
"I was wondering if to be my partner for the charms project?"

"Sure, that sounds great." I smile, looking at him briefly.

I couldn't stare for too long, I will just accidentally get lost into his beautiful blue eyes and I'll look like a creep.
I go up to get supplies out the cupboard when I heard Albus.

"Damnit I wanted to work with Rose, she was my only chance of getting an 'O' for outstanding." Albus complained.

"Now you'll have to settle for a 'D' for Disappointing." Scorpius joked back.

"You'll be the one who will get marked down because all you do is stutter and stare at her." Albus said smugly.

"Shut up." He rolls his eyes and I pretended I didn't hear anything.

Scorpius and I were half finished the project while the others where complaining about the books for their research. For nearly finishing, we got let out of class early.

"You've changed since last year." He speaks when we get out of class.

"So have you." I say.

"I know, you just can't get enough of this now." He laughs gesturing to his body. I didn't look, but I laughed back.

"Rose, why did you hate me when I first saw you?" He asks.

Okay now I fell disappointed in myself. I never should have treated him like that. I was young and didn't know any better.

"My dad, I should have never listened to him. I'm so sorry scorpius." I say staring into his blue eyes.

"Oh, it's okay." He smiles.
I pull my self away from his gaze and keep walking, my stomach twisting and turning...they call this butterflies? It's more like my stomach eating itself. Maybe I'm just hungry.

"Can I come back to your common room? There's a slytherin girl who is so clingy, she acts like we are going out or something."

"Sure." I say. I silently curse under my breath. This is not good for the butterflies.

We walk to Griffindor common room, the fat lady opened the door once I told her the password and why a slytherin was here. The fire was lit that made the room seem warm and cosy.

"Ah, you can sit down if you want." I say pointing to the couch.

"This is definitely better than the slytherin common room." He smiled looking around.

Finally I built up the courage to say, "You'll have to show me some day."

He glanced at me surprised. But I acted like it was no big deal. I shrugged as I cursed again mentally.

"How's your parents?" He suddenly asks.

Taken back by his question about my family I stuttered.
"Um- f-fine I think, I mean, well, I haven't heard from them..."

"Dad told me that he secretly used to Love your mum. Instead she fell in love with the Weasley. He was upset, of course, but when he found Astoria, he knew why it never worked out with Hermione." He says.

"He loved my mum? She never told me anything about that?" I say really wanting to hear more.

"Maybe because she never knew about the boy who loved a girl he couldn't have." Scorpius said rather quietly.

That silence broke when Albus and James came through the Griffindor
Common room.

Loved a girl he couldn't have. Why did he seem so upset for his dad? If it wasn't for his mum he wouldn't have even been born.

Those questions were on my mind all night.