Chapter 22// The Red Howler

💜vote and comment💜

Chapter 22

So as I guessed, I had one of the prefects letting me know that I will receive a detention. Professor McGonagall let me off with a warning that I will receive another detention if it happens again.

Abbey was in hospital over exaggerating over her now fixed nose. She would refusing to leave because it 'hurt'.

The truth is that she's too scared to see me again just in case I pop her another one, which I wouldn't mind doing.

I see Scorpius sitting at the Griffindor table waiting for me. When he saw me he stood up out of his chair. "How many detentions?"

"Just one."

"That's not bad." He says sitting back down.

"Why aren't u at the Slytherin table?" I ask rasing my eyebrow feeling happy that he chose to sit with me.

"Uh- that's why." He said pointing up at the owls coming in through the widow. I spotted mine that was holding some red parchment in its beak. Oh no...

It wouldn't be from mum, she punched someone in the face in her third year and she knows about Scorpius and I going to the ball.

"It's a Howler, Rose Weasley has got a Howler." James says to Albus and Lily. I knew the whole school would hear it.

Carefully I opened the front. It sprung out my hands and opened up. It was dads voice booming out of it.

"ROSE WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU GO TO THE BALL WITH MALFOY AND NOT TELL ME? I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED. YOU WILL NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THAT BOY, I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK, HE IS NOT TRUST WORTHY. Oh and well done for punching that Slytherin girl in the face, I knew you had that in you."

Then the letter ripped itself up infront of me. Scorpius held my hand under the table as tears were prickled my eyes.

I would have rather he yelled at me for punching someone instead of accusing Scorpius of being a Malfoy.

I yanked my hand out of his and stormed out of the great silent hall as students pretended to eat there meal, but really they loved the show.

"Sugar spice." I say to the fat lady, she didn't ask questions as tears were streaming down my face.

How dare he tell me who I can be friends with? How dare he say those things about Scorpius? He is nothing like his father! Even mum can see that.

I knew he would be standing out side the common room, not knowing the password, eager to comfort me.

"I can date whoever I want. I can go to the ball with whoever I want." I mumble to myself. Why didn't he see it? 

The door then opened and in came Scorpius, I saw a glimpse of Lily's bag; she must have let him in.

"Hey, are you okay? Wait don't answer that, of course your not." He says sitting beside me pulling me in a hug.

"It's my dad."

"Yeah, we all heard- buts it's okay." He whispered brushing my hair away from my face.

"No, it's not okay. He thinks he can tell me who I can date and who I can't. I'm nearly 17, I'm not a kid anymore." I argue.

"I know, I know." He says so Calmly that I drifted off to sleep.