10|| Conversation ~ Quincy Miller

For c0keisland-

Quincy's P.O.V.

"Babes are you home?" I yelled through the house as I walked through the front door. I really had something important to show her.

"Yes. I'm in the bedroom." Leilani shouted back. I ran up the stairs, eager to show her the book I found while running through the park.

"Babe. Look at this." I said showing her the black and white note book.

"What is that Quincy?" she said sounding amused.

"It is a note book, that I found on the bench in the park" I said flipping through the pages, looking for what I wanted to show her.

"Baby. Somebody might be looking for it, put it in the neighbourhood lost and found or something." she said shaking my head at me. I watched her with a smile on my face and she shook her head at me.

"I am. I will. But I was reading through it and this person writes. And their pieces are extremely powerful. You want to hear?" I asked as I sat down on the edge of the bed. She scotted closer to me and layed her head on my shoulder.

"Yes. I want to hear this magnificent piece" she said stretching out magnificent. I laughed a bit and found the page with the piece I wanted her to hear.

"Okay. So this piece is called Colin Kaperniek" I said as I read the title.

"As in the 49ers quater back?" she asked.

"Yes ma'am. That's the one." I said chuckling a bit.

"Ooooo. He is bae. That is bae." she said she hit my chest lightly. I watched her with a 'what you trying to say' look.

"I mean. You are my baby. Put he is just a fine woke black man." she said with a little smile.

"Am I not a fine woke black man Leilani?" I asked as I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Yes. Yes you are babe." she said as she kissed my cheek. "Now continue." I laughed at her and focused my attention to the note book. I cleared my throat and started to read the poem.

A/N: I wrote this piece in the first book for those who are new 😊

I call this piece Colin Kaepernick.
The brown skin,
Woke,
Afro rockin,
Man.
Who some just sees as a direspectful football player.
Who they need to reprimand.

I call this piece Colin Kaepernick,
Because of his stand
He showed the nation and the world
How to fight for your rights
Like a real man.

I call this piece Colin Kaepernick
Because he is right.
We need to talk about us
Who we are.
Where we are from
And how we identify as one.

So let us talk.
Do you know why they are killing us off ?
Why every single thing is "perceived" as a threat to their lives?

Well my dear brother,
My dear sister,
This racial war was planned,
Analyzed and Executed.
By those who are full of
Hate,
Misery,
And more hate.
They fueled the masses
Sending them on ranging terror.

I call this piece Collin Kaepernick.
So let us keep talking.

All I really want to say,
That they don't really care about us.
They don't care about all the great things we have done.
Don't care about our mothers ,
Fathers ,
Daughters ,
And Sons.
Once they have us in control
Is all they worried about.