Special Imagine|| African Queen (Black History Month Special) ~Kelly Oubre Jr

Based on African Queen by 2Face Idibia

Kelly's P.O.V.

Just like the sun, lights up the earth, you light up my life
The only one, I've ever seen with a smile so bright
And just yesterday, you came around my way
And changed my whole scenery with your astonishing beauty

"What are you staring at Oubre?" she asked as she watched me through the mirror. I was sitting at the edge of our bed, watching her get ready for our monthly date night. Her smooth chocolate body was clothed in a white lace dress that enunciated her curves and made her natural beauty pop.

"Oh. I can't watch my baby girl anymore?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow. She chuckled a bit as she went back to applying her lip gloss, that I swear she has been putting on for the last ten minutes.

"Babe" she whined as I wrapped my arms around her body and kissed the crook of her neck.

"Hurry up baby girl, we don't want to be late again." I mumbled into her neck. She watched me with an amused look as she pulled away from my embrace. I felt empty for a quick second, just wanting to be right up under her, but I had to remind myself about our reservations.

"I just hope you know, last time we were late, it was because somebody couldn't find the left side of one of their ass shoes, which I don't understand how, with the shoe so damn big. I'm just saying." she smiled at me as she slipped on her shoes. I walked past her, and smack her behind because of all that mouth she was running.

"Bet." she glared at me as she grabbed her purse. We said night to $aint and $oul, made sure everything was right with them, and walked out of the apartment hand and hand. She had this smile plastered on her face, which could light up a room. And if it didn't seem to others, that is their problem. This magnificient woman that I am proud to call mine, brings joy to my life other than basketball. Shit she is higher that basketball. That is how much she means to me.

"What are thinking about?" she asked as I drove towards the DC restaurant. I glanced at her and then put my focus back on the road.

"What do I always think about baby girl?" I asked her with a small smirk on her face. She looked at me, and then look out of the window.

"Obviously basketball Kelly. You live, breathe and sleep ball." She said chuckling a bit. I looked at her one more time, licking my lips.

"Nah. Another priority has entered my world, so I need to give both of them my attention." I said with a bright smile on my face. She watched me with a confused look, not sure where I am going with this.

"And what is your other priority Kelly?" she asked me.

"You. Plain and simple." I said as I grabbed her hand with my free one.

"Me? Boy please." she said chuckling a bit. Her face tinted a bit and I knew she was blushing.

"I'm so serious baby girl. You have become one of my top priorities in my life. Let me break it down for you." I said as I rolled up to the restaurant. I parked the jeep for the valet and ran to her side to open the door for her. She stepped out in her glory, like the true queen she was.

" Okay babe. After we settle down and order our food, you need to break it down for me." she said with a small smirk as we sat down at our table in the back of the restaurant.