Chpt # Your Eyes (Re-writing)

~Early morning before the breach of  Trost~

Levi's POV

Another day for another expedition. Expeditions can be tiring, but it is the main point of our job. We exterminate titans outside the walls while the citizens hope we can expand our territory. I got used to Expeditions, except for the fact we had to 'parade' our way through the crowd.

"Hey! Take a look! it's captain Levi!"

"I heard he's a one-person brigade. That's how strong he is!"

We left for our expedition, riding our horses, getting praised by people...., especially me....which they call me "humanity's strongest"? Guhh it sucks.

How annoying is it to hear people's praise, but when things go south, they'll only blame you and point fingers at you? I can't believe I am breathing the same air as them now. 

"I clicked my tongue, whispering that they should just shut up under my breath. 

"I wonder if you'd still get this much praise if they realized how much a neat freak you are" Hanji came in out of nowhere.

We soon arrived at the gates. Every soldier yielded their horses and looked up to wait for the wall to be lifted up.

"I wonder what kind of Titan I'm going to meet today if only I was lucky enough to run into an abnormal " Hanji's annoying squeal tickled my ear.

I can't believe I have a colleague with an obsession with Titans, and that's the least you could expect in this squad.

"There's already one nearby," I replied.

"Huh? Where?" she asked, looking around.

I grabbed her head and let her face me
"Right here" I answered.

***

The Survey Corps passed through the walls to Titan's territory, Wall Maria. To be part of the Survey Corps, you had to be an elite soldier with great skill. It is a risky job, and the military needs its best soldiers to take care of the missions.

Nevertheless, even though we have elite soldiers, you cannot escape casualties and death. The strength between humans and Titans is far apart.

The soldiers have separated ways to their respective squads and areas throughout the town. With my gear, I was scouting the area for titans that needed to be dealt with. Soon enough, I heard someone shouting my name. 

"It won't be long till all of you die! We humans will Survive!"

"Lance corporal Levi will destroy you all!!!" He shouted. My eyes found my comrade getting eaten by a titan...tsk.

You all put all the work on me, huh?

I sent my wire pass through the Titan's nape and struck through a nearby wall, and in one quick strike, the nape of the Titan was cut. I controlled my gas and footing and eventually landed on a roof.

While the Titan had dropped down, I took the remaining time to scout the area. There was a titan to the right and two to the left.

"Lance corporal, I've gathered reinforcements," I heard my comrade Petra as her footsteps landed on the roof right beside me with soldiers behind her.

"Petra, you go free that injured soldier down below. Everyone else, go attack the one on the right. I'll take care of those on the left" I gave their orders and swiftly flew away before hearing their replies.