Chpt # Dreams and Goals

Louisa's POV

I headed to the stairs when someone abruptly called me.

"Hey, Louis!" I turned around to see Marco approaching.

"Marco," I greeted.

"Haha, sorry about Jean, you know he's hot-tempered as ever and makes a ruckus... Especially with Eren," he scratched his head.

"Does it have to be you to say sorry for him?" I raised an eyebrow.

"The prideful guy is shy, just like you, " he chuckles.

"I don't see it," I quickly turned away in replied.

"He'll do what's right in the end, you'll see..." he gleamed another smile.

I sighed as I thought about how we became close friends in the first place.

"Let's see about that," I answered.

"Hahaha, he got embarrassed, his ideals were criticized, and he was jealous of Eren. Give him some slack. He was just trying to impress a lady," Marco added as he started walking downstairs and motioned me to tag along.

Well, I am a hot-tempered person myself, I get that a lot. Although, I must say, his ideas are stupid. Plus, I hate the Military Brigade. Although...it's not bad to find a way to live a good life.

"Right, I remembered the time when he first saw Mikasa and complimented her hair," I replied.

"You saw that?" he laughed.

"It was hilarious," said in a sarcastic tone. Though it was cute in a way. I don't know why I see it that way.

"He's was just impressing her. He's mad that somehow his crush is sticking with the person he hates," he chuckles.

"Wow, how melodramatic. Though that's a stupid way to impress a girl," I answered in a monotone tone.

"Aren't you guys giving advice for him and helping him out?" he grinned.

"Uh...no, Shinamy and the girls were helping him out, I was just dragged in." I waved my hand in annoyance.

"He may be a coward and hot-tempered, but he's the most honest guy I know," he said.

"Stupidly honest," I added.

I remembered he said he was so jealous of Eren, earlier. Funny he could just shout about that.

"Oh well, I'm off to bed, hope we can chat again Louis. Have a good night rest," he smiled and hurried to the boy's dormitory.

That guy sure has the guts to even talk to me, most of the cadets here are terrified to even speak to me. Guess there are exceptions.

I combed my bangs out of my face with my fingers as I continued walking. I got out of the fence and settled down in the same old spot where a nearby tree rested on top of a hill. It was the best spot I could find to watch the stars.

It's been 2 years...2 years I've been trapped in this place. One more year then I'll be joining the Survey Corps.

If only I could rip that contract to pieces. I'll be honest, the stars, the sun and all the surface's beauty are a new experience...but I made my decision years ago.

The Underground will forever be my home, and I was supposed to take over it. I had a dream and I was content with what I had.

How ironic a great mafia boss turned to a soldier and be ordered around.

F*cking Eyebrows! You ruined everything!

Just a few more steps I would've ruled over the Underground, just a few more steps I would have been the overall ruler of the 10 Kings and I could've done whatever I wanted. I have dirtied my own hands to reach where we were already and it seemed everything was in vain.