Chpt # Voices in My Mind

A month has pass and the Expedition was about to start.

"Commander, we're departing soon. We've lured away the nearby titans" a unknown soldier said.

"Thirty seconds until the gate is open!" Someone said and made Louisa escape from her thoughts of distraction.

She has been thinking about Isabel and Farlan everyday and had only few nights of a good sleep.

In mere moments, mankind will advance once again and they will show what they're made of.

The gate begun to open. And left a big gap at the bottom.

"Forward! We now begin the 57th expedition! ADVANCE!!" Erwin shouted.

Their horses ran forward outside the walls with no fear as they carried their owners with protection and safety as they pass through the broken down houses and the damaged surroundings.

"10-meter-class approaching from ahead, on the left" Hanji shouted as she spotted a titan.

The support squad maneuvered upright towards the titan they aimed for it's nape.

"Were a-actually here" Shinami said in fear as she stared at the titan trying to kill its enemies.

"Leave it ti the support squad.....what did I tell you about distractions?" Louisa said as she grabbed Shinami's head and forced it to face forward.

"R-right, of course I remember" Shinami replied.

Shinami wasn't the only one who was distracted for the person who told her not was the one distracted.

"Focus...focus...distractions won't help you..focus" Louisa mumbled to herself repeatedly till her mind was calm enough to focus on her mission

When they passed the village and ran into titan territory, everyone became more nervous than befote.

"Assume the long-distance scouting formation!" Erwin shouted as he signaled his men.

"Louis" Reiner called and got Louisa's attention.

"Don't die ok?" Reiner said and smirked as he's horse forned a distance between each other.

Louisa rolled her eyes at him "Hope you get eaten by a titan" she replied back.

"Hahaha, harsh much? Later Armin" he replied and passed Armin and Liyah.

"Hey" Jean called Louisa....a bit pissed.

"Yes, douchebag?" Louisa looked at him.

"See yah at the other side" Jean said as he turned away.

"Hah, if you survived" Louisa replied and got his attention.

"Same to you" he said smirking.

"Go to formation" Louisa replied and sped up away from him.

Shinami's with Sasha and their squad, Liyah's with Armin, and Louisa's with squad leader Ness.

The vanguard formed a semicircle. Stayed within eye sight if someone on all sides in fixed distances from one another. Extended survey and relay range as far as possible.

The vanguard scout squad encountered titans the most. Upon sighted a titan, they fired a smoke signal, soldiers that saw it should relay it by firing one of the same color.

After observing the signals to determine the titan's position the commander fired a green smoke signal that would indicate the formation's new coures. Thus, the entire formation can advance to its destination while avoiding the Titans.