Chpt# Suspicion

"When's the last time the shaft was replaced?" A man asked Louisa with her gear infront of her.

"Six days ago after the cleaning opperation" She answered calmly.

"Okay, next!" The lady said who was holding a clip board.

"I'm Krista Lenz of the 42nd squad" Krista said sharp and clear.

"Will inspect your gear" the lady replied.

"So you can get punished by killing a titan too?! Thats new" Shinami whispered.

"Strange as it sounds those were valuable specimen" Louisa replied.

"But why are they searching for the culprit among us recruits?" Sasha asked who's beside Louisa.

From another row of recruits stood, there was Armin, Annie, Connie and Liyah.

"The culprit must have hated titans" Connie said

"But in this case, they pretty much helped the titans out, their lust of revenge may have been sated" Armin replied.

"I don't think its because of revenge that the culprit killed the titans" Liyah said.

"What do you mean?" Armin asked.

"It's not revenge......I think the culprit doesn't want the truth to be spilled out or...... something like that" She answered, with a weird smile.

"Are you even sure?" Connie asked.

"Yes I am, don't you think I'm right Annie?" Liyah said and faced Annie. Annie jolt a bit in shock, but stayed calm at once.

"I don't know" she replied calmly, Liyah looked away, with a smirk on her lips.

"Today, is the day were going to decide...where you enlisting?" Liyah asked.

"Before I saw a Titan, I seriously planned to enlist in the survey corps" Armin said and looked at Connie and Liyah..

"But now, I'm not sure" He added.

"Well I'm joining the survey corps officially.... whether I like it or not" Liyah answered.

"Is it because of Louis? She is joining the Survey corps, even Shinami" Connie replied.

"Don't say it's because of friendship, to me Louis doesn't see you like that" Armin replied.

"Louis, expresses her feelings differently and it's not only because of friendship were joining the Survey corps......it's because it's in the contract" Liyah answered seriously and realized what she just said.

"A contract?" Annie asked curious.

"That story is already out of your league guys...hehehhee" Liyah smiled at the three.

"Is Jean serious?" Connie asked as he looked at the clenched fist of Jean's.

It reminded him what happened that night when they were all burning the bodies of dead people. Connie and everyone was devastated so was Jean.

Though suddenly Jean just confirmed himself his joining the Survey Corps and forget about the Military Brigade, and why is that? He remembered Marco and decided himself to join the Survey Corps.

"Hey Annie" Connie said, getting her attention.

"What do you think? Jean of all people he'd enlist in the Survey Corps" he continued.

"Huh? Jean did?" Armin asked in shock.

"Nothing really" Annie replied, straight and clear.

"Your set on the Military Police Brigade right?" Liyah asked.