Chpt # Big Catch

Erwin's POV

Inside the covered wagon we passed the the gates of the City of Crime. We paid the Military Poilice on guard and lower our existence as much as we can.

"Finally here," I said to myself.

Here to fibd potential soldiers, just like 5 years ago.

I have heard rumors of wanted people with extraordinary skills and I knew I could use it for the greater good of the Survey Corps. I even heard there were even thugs who still used the 3DMG.

They maybe the old men of Levi. Too bad he couldn't join us.

We walked down the stairs to the underground, hooded our heads and covered our gear with brown cloaks to blend in.

One of our men came up to me with wanted posters at hand.

"Where's our first stop?" I asked the Mike beside me as I read the posters.

"How about the market going to the black market? I can make a trace there," he suggested.

"That wouldn't be a bad start. Well you heard the man, Let's go," I said and called the others' attention.

just before the entrance, we all splitted up, to lessen suspicion and headed towards the market.

I was with Mike and we strolled along the stalls and pretended to look for something to buy.

But as we were walking, the ends of my hair were standing and body felt restless.  I looked back at Mike and we knew by then that someone was watching us from behind.

I took glances from behind but, I couldn't see anyone that looked suspicious. Just after I looked away, I couldn't sense the presence of whoever that was anymore.

"Erwin Smith has arrived, you better go and tell the others."

Who would even follow us? We were quiet and sneaky about this mission.

We continued walking as if we were clueless but did not stop to pay attention. The voice came from a boy who could be reaching his adult years. The problem was we couldn't detect whoever that boy would be or where he could be since were in a market

"Did you hear that?" I whispered to Mike.

"Indeed, but I couldn't pin point who it might be," he replied.

"We have to be careful then, the boy could be anywhere."

"By the way, have you seen Hanji?" I soon asked and looked around.  She couldn't wait for us so she left to have more experience in this expidition.

"I smell her in the food stalls," Mike replied and started walking. Trusting Mike's unique sense of smell, I just followed.

Soon then we found Hanji asking questions to a merchant who was selling apples. She looked serious and not like her lunatic self  when it comes to titans, but even though she looks serious, she was enjoying.

"Where do you get the goods? For it staying underground does is get spoiled easily? And what do you do with this spoiled food?- Do always get snatchers or thieves lurking at your stall? How often?? I mean that-" before she could confuse the dear merchant with more questions, I hold her shoulder for her to stop.

"Slow down Hanji, the man looks confused, he hasn't even answered all your questions yet," I chuckled.

She looked at me and the man and yelped in surprise.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to, we can take this slow?" she said scratching her head. The man looked irritated but still kept a smile in his face.

"Why don't we do that another time Hanji? We have other things to attend to," I said.