Chpt# 5 Years Ago

---
"Louisa, get inside," Aniki nudged me towards the house.

"Do I have to?" I asked.

"Get inside, let the adults handle this time," he firmly answered and gave me the keys of the house.

"Fine."

***
"Aniki where ya going?" I asked.

Isabel and Farlan jolted except for Aniki. He just stared at me.

"Work, you're staying," he replied.

"W-without me?" I asked and was a little bit shocked to know why they didn't wake me up.

"Yah," he simply replied.

"But why?" I asked again. There's something wrong.

"Just, we don't need you right now," Levi answered.

***
What?

Aniki? Your leaving me? You don't need me anymore?

"ANIKI! HELP ME!-"

"I didn't- I didn't mean to. This isn't what I expected!"

---

"What?!Why??" Four eyes asked.

"You don't need to shout," Geson chuckled.

I blinked for a couple times and looked at everyone once again. Hoping, I didn't miss anything and still can keep up the conversation.

"Sorry." she lowered her head.

"What's wrong if they're here?" Shinamy tilted her head.

"You see Shinamy, if they're here it's either they're looking for thugs to join their corps or...helping the government." Romeo scratched his nape.

"From what Jack informed, they're looking for skilled thugs that are qualified to join their scouts," Yuki explained.

"Same like 5 years ago," Romeo whispered.

"The point is that Schatten Catzen is in the headlines, they'd want one of us or our men to be recruited and we don't want anyone to be taken," I replied as I held the letter that Jack send.

"So were just going to hide then? Or let's attack them?" Shinamy asked.

"Staying out of their sight is what I think is the best choice," Romeo replied.

"How about the others? Outside the base?" Liyah asked.

"How about we just have to stay out of their sight, Jack's going to monitor them and we'll rely our information to be passed by Emma and Ash," Yuki said

"So we just have to go in lock down? Not make any noise? They'll eventually come here," Geson added.

"Yah, desert the place, to lower suspicion," Liyah added.

Is it the right choice though? If they arrive here it's either they're trap or we're trap.

I quietly burned the report with the lamp as I leaned on my palm.

After a few seconds I made a decision.

"A group will have stay here to guard the HQ and the rest will have to evacuate through the passage ways," I looked up for objections.

"My men will stay, the group was made to specifically protect this place." Geson raised his hand.

"I'm sure the gunslingers in our side will help too." Romeo smirked.

"So Onee-chan, can you inform your members to spread the news that we'll have to lay low in and out of the base." I looked at Yuki.

"Your the boss little sis!" she laughed and left.

"Romeo-aniki and Uncle Geson, can we get ready for a lock down and evacuation?" I asked.

"Sounds fine with me, what happens if we captured them?" Geson asked.

"'If' Geson, those guys aren't one's to underestimate..." Romeo crossed his arms

"It would be best to not reach that predicament..." Four-eyes commented.

"Four eyes is right, but who knows capturing them can also be a advantage, but don't get your hopes up." I stared at the ashes of the burned paper.

"Right, right," Geson laughed.

"Shinamy and Liyah can you help Emma and Ash to evacuate the kids?" I faced the blonde with a signal.

"Aww, that's boring..." the two muttered.

"Your staying with your superiors after the evacuation anyways..." I sighed.

"Yes!!" They cheered for joy.

"Dismissed." I stood up and turned around.

So I told them I'd be heading home to pick up some more knives and ordered to call Jack to come back as quick as possible.

I left the room and headed to the lower basement where the passage ways were held. I went through one of them that was the close to my home. I covered my face with my scarf before I left the exit.

I ran under the shadows of houses and stayed hidden, I was almost spotted by the Survey corps but was able to escape.

They wore brown cloaks but for a girl to be aware of the shape and size of a maneuver gear...it was obvious.

It was very dangerous for us to use our 3DMG in this kind of time...obviously.

I arrived after maybe 15 minutes? My house was somewhere at the edge of the main town, so it wouldn't take that long. I opened the door and immediately went inside.

The same old house but different in a way. As you get inside you'll see a small living room set up and a small round dining table with 3 chairs to the left, the kitchen far up ahead, a bookshelf to the right and lastly a small corridor with two rooms inside.

I headed to my room and opened a drawer. I took out ten knives that was kept neatly. I placed one at the side of my pants, two underneath my long sleeves , another two inside the handmade pockets of ny boots and one kept under my belt, and some more in a pouch which was tied beside my waist.

I lived here with, Liyah and Shinamy but sometimes we stayed at the base for good reasons since most of our comrades stayed there.

"Dark Queen!!" suddenly two kids burst in from the door. I must've forgotten to lock it. Sigh... somehow old habit stays...

I walked out of my room,"Have you guys heard about knocking??" I asked the two children.

"S-sorry Dark Queen," Emma bowed.

"We have no time to bow Emma!" Ash looked at Emma.

"This better be serious, what seems to be the trouble?"

"Dark Queen.....the Head quarters..... has been infiltrated by the Survey Corps!" Emma shouted.

We were right that they would soon reach the HQ. Hopefully we could get through this, either be win or lose.

"Let's not waste time here then..." we left immediately.

[Edited 9/16/19]