Reunited At Last...ish

Catherine POV
After a few hours of Jorgie and Brian chatting about their jobs and stuff outside the jungle and trying to cheer me up a bit we're all now sat in silence, as Brian is slowly drifting off to sleep, so I decide to head up to the bush telegraph for a while. 'Jorgie I'm just gonna head up to the bush telegraph for a bit.' I whisper and she looks slightly worried but nods along quickly. I slowly make my way up the path to the room and take a seat before wrapping my monkey blanket around the bottom half of my body and cuddling it to the side of my face, almost knocking my glasses off in the process. I sit in silence for a few minutes not really knowing what to say to the camera staring directly at me, before suddenly tears are making their way down my cheeks for some reason. 'I never expected it to be this hard... and it's not even like the challenges and the trials and stuff, if I was doing them all the time I'd have something to take my mind off of the actual living bit and not eating for days...' I start before a sob quietly racks my body. 'And being separated from everyone else is the hardest thing too, they were the people helping me get through it and now more than half of them are off somewhere else enjoying a nice meal, while we're all in here on the verge of leaving. I just, just don't want to be here anymore.' I say quietly, thinking about all of my fellow campmates like Susannah, my jungle mum, Yvette, with her charcoal moustache and I even miss Lady C with all her poshness. And George. I definitely miss him the most, he was the first friend I made in this experience and the only person close to my age. Even if he was an idiot throwing me in the pool when I was trying to sunbathe it's so so hard to try and get through it all without him here. 'I miss everyone, I miss Susannah, Yvette, Kieron and his stupid snarky remarks, Duncan the Sexy Beast, Lady C and her pearls, my monkey twin, I miss my mum, my dad, my brother and sister, all my friends, my crew, I just don't know what's going to be able to change my mind and make me stay.' I finish, lifting my glasses to wipe my eyes, in hope that neither Jorgie or Brian would be able to tell I've just had another breakdown like the one I had this morning, in secret with Brian.

I pick up my blanket and walk out of the little hut still sniffling a little bit and see that Jorgie is still awake keeping the fire going and Brian's out for the count. 'You okay chick you were in there for quite a while?' Jorgie asks looking up at my tear stained face and smiling sadly. I nod and sit against the small log next to her as she brings me into a side hug with one arm and uses the other to keep prodding the fire with a stick. 'You know, it's called I'm a celebrity get me out of here for a reason, it's not called oh my god I wanna stay in here forever!' She whispers and we both laugh properly for the first time in a few days. 'It's just the little things like, a nice warm shower, or food whenever you need it, or just being able to pop downstairs and see your family, like it's not the trials and stuff it's just the living.' I say and she nods along looking at me softly as she notices the tears making their way down my face again. After that we sit in silence, just listening to the cracks of the fire every now and then until Jorgie hears something. 'What was that!?' She asks panicking at the thought of a snake or something making its way into camp to make everything ten times worse than it already is. 'Hello?' I hear an incredibly faint voice, so faint I can't even register who the voice belongs to. 'That's a person!' I say jumping up to wake Brian up as Jorgie does the same, running to try and get a better look. 'Brian, Brian wake up, I think Tony's here!' I say and for some reason at that Brian springs awake, I don't know why they're both so excited to see Tony it's not like it's going to be anyone else. 'Helloo?' The voice sounds a bit closer now, and I can tell it's definitely a man, but the accent sounds ever so slightly Bristolian. 'Hello!!?' Brian calls out, as we both join Jorgie looking around to try and spot anyone of our old campmates. 'GUYS!!!' A familiar voice booms as I hear heavy footsteps running down the path I've just been down myself. 'Oh My God!!' George shouts as he appears at the top of the stairs in front of us. 'George!!' We all yell at the same time as he sprints down the stairs and I start running up them. He runs straight down the stairs to me and pulls me into one of his bone crushing hugs that I missed so much!! I fling my arms around his neck and he lifts me off the ground slightly and I don't think I've ever been this happy to see anyone in my entire life! 'Yay George of the Jungle is here to save us!!' Brian shouts as him and Jorgie slowly catch up to where we're still hugging, I'm not going to pretend I'm not enjoying it though. 'Ugh I missed you guys so much! It's so boring without you all there!' George says into my hair, before finally releasing me and giving Jorgie and Brian hugs too. I don't even know how he did it but George has literally been here for 30 seconds and my moods already better! 'Yeah well try living in here!' Brian says sarcastically as he and Jorgie lead the way back down to camp, followed by me and George closely behind. 'Yeah Lady C said that you two said it was awful down here, what happened after the scrabble thing you all seemed okay then?' George asks as he looks around the camp and basically answers his own question as he sees the pure crapness of it. 'Oh.' He sighs looking at everything from the pretty shit fire, as we had next to nothing to put it together and the crap beds to the few working lights and the awful dunny by the creek. 'Never mind I see what you mean!' He says and we all smile slightly. He dumps his bag and hat on Spencer's old floor mattress thing, which just happens to be the one opposite mine, again not that I'm complaining, and we all sit around the fire like me and Jorgie were a few minutes ago. George sees my monkey blanket around my body and sits down right next to me, cocooning both of us underneath it, and pulls me into another hug. He must've noticed my blotchy, tear stained face too. I snuggle myself up to him and let another tear escape my eye, even with George here I'm still crying what's wrong with me!? 'So what's been happening? Have you guys eaten much?' He asks, making Jorgie and Brian break out into sarcastic laughter. 'Hahahaha nope...' Jorgie answers first as Brian explains properly. 'Basically when Ferne and Vicky read the letter out the read it out wrong, it said that we were going to be surviving on basic rations, but we didn't know that, so we ate a nice lovely meal on the first night, but used up all the food so we've had basically nothing the past two and a half days!' Brian says as George's eyes widen and he nods along. 'Oh right I didn't know it was that bad!' He says as I feel him begin to stroke the hair underneath my bandana softly. 'Yeah we've literally all been close to walking out, especially this little one.' Brian nods at me and I pout at him calling me little. 'But we aren't alone anymore so it's all fine!' Jorgie says and we all can't help but giggle at her enthusiasm compared to what she was like a few hours ago.