45 Snakes And A Flying Squirrel

'Omg guys what is that that's just come in?' I ask Ant and Dec as I hear some kind of hissing right next to my ear. 'In there with you are 6 jungle pythons.' Ant says wearily as I told everyone in my entrance video that my biggest fears were Snakes, Spiders, Heights, The Dark and Confinement. 'Oh my god I can feel it on my shoulder. I can't, I'm not gonna open my eyes the whole time.' I panic as I start to work myself up again. 'Stay, try not to move to suddenly Catherine and try and calm yourself down a bit.' Ant says but I kind of interrupt him. 'Have I done a minute yet?' 'That's your first minute done, one meal for Camp in the bag.' Dec says after about 6 seconds as I hear more critters constantly joining me in this hell hole. 'Is it more snakes guys? Please keep talking to me I need a distraction.' I groan as I feel a small snake slither over my arm and onto my chest and I almost scream out. 'You're doing really well Catherine, that's two minutes done, two meals for Camp, think about who they're going to back in Camp.' Ant says and that might have helped me for all of 10 seconds when I feel one of the little bastards slide up over my ears onto my goggles. 'OH MY GOD! It's on my face isn't it.' I whine, practically on the verge of crying. 'Yeah it's on your goggles, it's obviously taken a particular liking to you!' Dec tries to lighten the mood a tiny bit. 'Haha, how long have I_' I start, but stop as another snake clubs onto my face and slides across my lips as I snap them shut, then up past my nose as I start to panic and shake a little as I seriously want to start crying. '3 minutes gone Catherine you're nearly halfway_ no stay, stay, stay!' I hear Dec say, followed by a gasp from Ant and dead silence straight after as I feel the snake on my goggles slither off the other slide. 'Right I don't expect you to reply, but just keep your mouth shut and breath in and out slowly through your nose and he should move in just a minute. Ant says and I try to do as he says but I still keep shaking and I just want him off me as I hear more and more snakes piling into the pit with me and crawling over my whole body. After roughly 15 more seconds the snake from around my nose and lips moves to my goggles where the other one was about a minute ago. 'What else is coming in guys? How long's left?' I say, my breaths becoming sharp and heavy again like it was before. 'Just snakes after snakes.' Ant sighs and I start to whine again. 'Snakes is one of the worst ones for me guys. How long have I done now?' I moan and clench my fists as yet another snakes climbs on top of my forehead. 'Just under five minutes done now Catherine, over half-way now.' Dec says and I want to breathe a sigh of relief but I really can't in here. 'Could you do this do you think guys?' I ask still squeezing my eyes together tightly as I'm almost 100% sure if I saw what was in here with me I'd be out of here faster than Usain Bolt. 'I'm not sure Catherine, you're doing so well though!' I hear them both after a few seconds of silence before I hear a much heavier thud next to my head and either Ant or Dec gasp slightly. 'What the hell was that!?' I ask starting to breathe even heavier, 'Right, joining you and the other 40 snakes are 4 carpet pythons. They're much bigger snakes.' Ant sighs and I swear I misheard him. 44 snakes are you having a laugh!? '44 snakes!? Oh my_' I start but then cry out in shock and panic as I feel a huge snake wrap itself around my neck and I force my head further into the sand stuff so it can't get all the way around. 'Stay! Oh my God!' I hear both Ant and Dec's sharp intake of breath. 'Oh my god it's round my neck!' I seriously start to panic as I feel I can't breathe. 'Oh my god, It's round my f*****g neck, I can't! Shit! I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!' The words stumble off my tongue before I can stop them. 'Do you want us to get you out of there!?' I hear Dec ask and I quickly change my mind. 'No, wait I need to do it. I think I can handle it. How many more minutes?' I force myself to reply even if I don't want to be in here for another millisecond. 'Right Catherine, you've got just under 50 snakes in there, one of them is still round your neck obviously, the lights are out, this is the worst it's gonna get, you've got one minute left. You've just gotta stick it out then we'll get you straight out of there.' Oh great, it's dark in here too, I didn't even know that, he didn't really need to tell me that to be honest. I somehow manage to last the extra minute, which I'm saying is for Lady C so she better be bloody pleased!! Then luckily I hear Ant and Dec tell people to hurry to get me out. I don't open my eyes until after I know the big snakes are out of the pit and as soon as I do I open my eyes to what I could only describe as one of my worst nightmares. I grab Ant and Dec's hands as they help me out of the pit and I dust myself off as they stare at me with their jaws on the ground. 'I think I'm kind of in shock a little bit.' I stumble out after a minute or two of silence. 'I'm really not surprised!!' Ant and Dec laugh slightly, still really confused and in shock of what I've just done. 'That was one of the toughest looking trials I think we've ever had on this show.' Ant says and I run my shaking hands through my hair. I talk to them some more but I can only focus properly on how my family and friends are going to react when they see that trial back home. Nobody better call me a pussy ever again let me tell you, JJ and Deji, but I can only imagine how much mum's gonna freak watching that back!

I skip happily back to camp almost sprinting, eager to tell them what fresh hell I've just been through and how many stars I got. 'She's back!!' I hear Duncan shout rather loudly and roughly 45 seconds later as I properly enter camp a dripping wet Jorgie, George, Ferne and Vicky run up from the creek to greet me. 'Oh my god Catherine why are shaking so much!?' Kieron asks from his bed and I shake my head. 'I'm in shock. That was the worst thing anyone could ever do in their life!' I say walking cautiously over to the logs as everyone else follows me. After I've explained what I had to do everyone's jaws are on the ground and their eyes are practically bulging out of their heads when I suddenly realise something. 'Where's Lady C?' I ask and everyone looks down sadly. 'Did nobody tell you?' Tony asks and my brows furrow, what could they have told me? 'She's gone.' George says quietly and now my eyes widen. 'What!!!? Why what happened??' I ask as everyone starts to look up at each other again. 'She left on medical grounds but she's alright.' Kieron says and I can tell he's really upset, I mean his two best friends in here did just leave on the same day! If George and Jorgie both left today I would be absolutely devastated. 'So we're now down to 8!' '9 meals between 8, look on the bright side.' Even though that's actually a good thing in a way, I still get even more miffed off that I could have gone without doing the extra minute in that horrific trial but oh well, never mind!

Soon after George tells us Ferne is the new camp leader, deep joy! She picks Vicky as her deputy and they pick our new jobs, with me ending up as Camp Chef with George. 'Dream Team!' I say walking past him and giving him a hi- five as I then make my way over to Chris' old bed that I claimed a few minutes ago instead of my hammock and George has now claimed Lady C's old bed. Meaning each of us now have proper beds and can actually sleep a teeny tiny bit better and they just happen to be right next to each other as well. 'Speaking of dream team, you two are doing today's dingo dollar challenge!' Jorgie announces reading from a laminate and I groan. Jesus christ I've just done a trial and now this as well!! 'Ughhh whyyy!???' I whine and begin to fake cry. 'Offensive!!!' George jokes as he starts smiling widely and everyone starts laughing. This is the right kind of mood, happy, no bitchiness, no Lady C! Wait what I never said that...

'Come on then Shelley let's get this finished so I can go sleep until I get told to leave!' I smile innocently as we both do an over exaggerated 'camper' walk out of camp towards the clearing. 'If you give this challenge a real crack , you'll be able to fill your dingo dollar sack. Take a jump and glide through the sky, and grab the nuts from way up high!' I read out as we arrive to the clearing getting more and more excited at the end. This ones gonna be fun I can tell already! 'Well one of us is gonna have to stay here and track the nuts and the others gonna have to be on that harness to grab the nuts. Do you wanna fly? It's probably gonna be harder work doing the nut cracking and you've already done a trial today.' George says and I stare at him. 'Oh my god is that okay!?' I ask and he nods grinning. 'Oh thankyou so much Georgey!! You can be the King Nutcracker and I'll be the flying squirrel!' I finish and he laughs as I go off to get changed. 'I'm sweating ma nuts off mate!' I say plodding back towards George and he bursts into laughter as soon as he sees me in my ridiculous squirrel costume. 'Oh my god! Sexiest squirrel ever, hands down!' He says still laughing his arse off as I get into my harness. This dingo dollar challenge was absolutely brilliant!! I was literally just flying through the air catching giant nuts like I was in super mario or something! Of course after we do get the dingo dollars the team still get the question wrong when we could've had chocolate cake and I have to walk back to camp looking like a complete and utter plank.

A/n
Dingo Dollar Question at the top because I didn't put that bit in 😂🙈 x