Out Like The Lights In Camp!

After we all get as back to normal as we can about an hour after Susannah has left Vicky reads out a note that says from now on the camp gets to pick who does the bush tucker trials. George, Tony and Duncan all volunteer to do it and after a brief argument over Chris, George is voted as the majority of camp to do it. Me and Jorgie walk him to the bridge and although he seems confident enough I can tell that he's feeling the pressure more now that other people wanted to do it. 'Right don't think about Chris or Tony or Duncan or Lady C, just think about how hungry you are mate.' I laugh pulling him into a hug before he gets on the bridge. 'Good luck Shelley!' Me and Jorgie yell at the same time as he nears the opposite end of the bridge and turns around to wave at us, before we both then make our way back to camp to relax for a bit. Everyone starts t go on about rivalry and competitiveness as I sit on Jorgie's bed french plaiting her hair and of course the conversation ends up on Chris again, but this time he starts talking about his rivalry with Nigel Benn so everyone is actually quite interested. 'Will you fight him again?' 'If I do, he won't be beating me.' 'Now, so, who wants to see that, who would come to watch that?' He asks and that's basically a no brainer, who wouldn't wanna watch Benn vs Eubank 3!? Everyone in camp puts their hand up and I can see Tony and Kieron getting really excited. 'If you're listening, I'm in the jungle, and I'm getting fit boy!' Chris says then lifts up his top towards one of the cameras as everyone claps or laughs at him a bit.

George then comes back and tells us he won 11 out of 12 stars and just before he, Jorgie, Yvette and Brian were about to head down to the creek so he can wash, Lady C pipes up again, obviously deciding she hasn't had enough air time already today, and starts kissing up to Vicky and Ferne about how before they got here nobody wanted them in here. Within about 30 seconds of her starting to talk I grab my pink bikini and walk quickly down to the creek with the others, all of us hurrying to avoid any other arguments. But after that at dinner, things got so much worse. Tony spots some kind of bug or beetle or something crawling around by the logs where me and Yvette are sat cuddled in my blanket to keep warm after eating, but almost immediately after Tony points it out Lady C scoops it up in a mug and chucks it straight into the fire. Ha! I knew she part evil! Then she starts piping up calling Tony names again just because he told her what she did was wrong, which he was right to do so, but of course it wouldn't just end there. Lady C didn't stop talking and yelling for a good hour and half way through even me and Yvette had to bite our tongue and walk away. 'You need to trap me somewhere so I don't start having a pop at her.' I say climbing onto George's hammock, where he wraps me in monkey blanket and pulls his arms round my waist, partly because we're both absolutely knackered, especially him with doing his trial and partly so I don't end up smacking some sense into Lady C's head. After a while of listening to Lady C's fight with Tony, George ends up falling asleep and his arms wrap even tighter round my waist than they were before, meaning I literally couldn't move without waking him up. After trying and failing several times to creep over to my own hammock I gave in, feeling really tired myself and snuggled closer into George's chest so I wasn't freezing cold and after a few minutes I was out like a light. When we woke up the next morning the mood in camp was really low again after Tony and Lady C's argument. I woke up in the exact same position I went to sleep in but as I start to stir I look up to see George staring right back at me. 'You look really creepy.' I say as I start to wake up and his cheeks go bright red. I giggle at his awkwardness as he just shoves his head into his pillow and starts laughing, but still doesn't move his arms and pulls his sleeping bag to cover me a bit more before I literally freeze to death. 'Did Lady C say anything else after I went to sleep?' He says as he plays with some of my hair, putting some small unstylish plaits wherever he can. 'I don't think so but I fell asleep pretty much straight after you did so I'm not really sure. I whisper as I hear Tony start to wake up just to the left of us and get up to be ready to see who's going home today knowing it could be any of us. 'Right, before we have to get up, if one of us goes home today, what would you want them to say to your family and we can give them a message.' I say and he looks at me confused. 'So if I go home I can give your family a message from you.' I start. 'And if I go home I give your family a message.' He says finally understanding and I nod as we both think of some kind of message.

Neither of us actually end up going home though, in fact nobody does as Ant and Dec come down to tell us nobody is leaving today then head straight back off again. Tony then starts complaining about not wanting to be here and wanting to go home, and so does Lady C, but after their argument last night I can't blame either of them. Even Kieron said to me and Jorgie that he couldn't defend her for anything she did or said last night and him and Chris are the only two real friends she has in here. But after that it starts pouring down with rain heavier than even England! And to make matters worse as me, Jorgie and Yvette are lying on mine and George's old beds on the floor Duncan starts talking about how he wants to walk out of the show altogether! Even after Tony and Duncan go and do their trial and come back from it, everyone is so bored and low, especially me, George and Ferne apparently. 'There's literally nothing to do is there?' I say groaning. 'Shall we make up a song, I mean you're both singers so you can't really say no.' Ferne says laughing and we both agree. George starts beat boxing as I use my tray as like a normal beat but with the metal it changes the sound a bit, but then Ferne starts singing and I try with everything I have inside of me to not burst out laughing, obviously not in a mean way though. As she finishes everyone starts clapping and laughing, and Yvette makes some kind of joke about us sound like a rap radio station, leading our strange, stir crazy minds to do exactly that. What the hell is happening to us. We even got Brian and Tony involved before I was made to sing a couple of verses each of Problem and Bang Bang with George beat boxing again and half decently rapping Nicki and Iggy's parts and we managed to convince Tony to sing a couple of verses of Gold to so it all worked out well in the end!

Later after Jorgie and Ferne left to do a dingo dimes challenge, the storm outside camp got even worse than this morning. Lightning was going off every 5 minutes and the thunder was absolutely awful, probably the worst I've ever seen! 'Oh my god this is horrible squeezing onto the logs in-between VIcky and George and pulling them both closer to me like shields, about ten minutes later as Kieron starts talking again more lightning goes off and then all of the camp goes pitch black, obviously in the middle of a power cut, all the lights went out and the only light in the whole camp was from the tiny fire. 'Oh my god!' Kieron says as everyone gasps and I squeal, terrified of the darkness, while Yvette jumps around excitedly. I cling onto George quickly and a very unexcited Vicky also groans in frustration. My breathing started getting heavier than it normally was, not being able to see a thing really didn't help, the dark was already one of my biggest fears and this was only making it worse. I started to feel really dizzy too and had to put one of my hands down on the log to stop myself from falling off of it. 'Catherine are you okay?' George asked me, with a worried, protective tone filling his voice. But I couldn't answer, I couldn't escape it this time, in the small room before I was able to calm myself down but now I'm stuck in the dark and I can't do anything about it. Unable to talk at a ll I just placed my other arm around his back and tucked myself closer to his side as I continued to hyperventilate and everyone else around us started to worry slightly too. 'Catherine, what's happening?' George then asked, more frantic and panicked than before, I was having one of my horrible panic attacks, not just the small ones I have after I get on a plane, a big whooping shitty panic attack and I was completely out of control of it now. I felt helpless as George pulled me into a big bear hug, though not too close I couldn't breathe even more and rocked me back and fourth for a bit, but after that I can't remember much of what else happened. I remember being told that we had to be evacuated to the bush telegraph, I remember trying to get up and completely falling over, then I remember George picking me up and practically running with me in his arms up to the bush telegraph, but after that I completely blacked out.

A/n

Oh my god. 6K READS WHAT THE HELL!!!! THANKYOU GUYS SO SO MUCH!! I cannot thank you all enough for reading this fanfic and I really hope you keep enjoying and reading and commenting and voting on it!! Thankyou again!

Love Cat