Eight

POV: Yoongi
I saw Taehyung vigorously practise sign language with Seokjin, and whenever he had the chance, he would fumble around with his fingers and practise more.

Why was he learning it, though?

I mean, he's blind, not deaf. He is perfectly capable of opening his mouth to talk, and it's not like he could see somebody else signing back to him if he did try to start a conversation with a deaf person.

"Is this right?" I would often see him ask. I couldn't hear him talk, of course, but I could lip read.

"Yeah, that's great," Seokjin would nod back. "You're doing great."

Even if I knew what people were saying, it still made me upset because I couldn't talk back. I could say the basic 'I'm Yoongi' or 'I'm deaf' but even that took loads of practise.

How am I supposed to know if I'm saying it right if I can't actually hear myself say it?

I can't hear people talking in a conversation, nor can I hear music or the sound of birds cheerfully chirping outside. There was so much in life that revolved around the aspect of sound, yet I was missing out on that completely.

Taehyung, on the other hand, can't see how bright and colourful the world is. He can't see how amazing the countryside looks, or how slick and fancy the city looks. He can't see the glamorous celebrities in magazines, or just normal people in general.

He can't see himself.
He can't see his family.
He can't see his friends.
He can't see me.

I want him to see me. I want him to look me in the eye and talk to me properly, to which I can reply.

I want him to see all of the beautiful things that the world has to offer. I would give him my working eyes if it meant that he could do that.

I would sacrifice my eyesight just so that he could see all of that.

I don't care about myself, honestly. I can't hear anyway, and I've already experienced what the world has to offer.

I've seen it all, anyway.

I just want him to be happy.