Thirty One

POV: Taehyung
"Hello there sir. Sorry to be bothering you, but is there a Mr. Kim around?"

A deep, soothing voice was talking from outside the door to our dorm rooms, and I believed he was talking to me.

"I-I'm a Mr. Kim, actually. Which Kim are you looking for?"

"Aha, I'm a Kim too, funny enough. I've noticed that there are so many of us! I'm looking for a Kim Seokjin, actually. Do you happen to know where he is? He said that the patient was in this dorm room, but if I'm wrong th-"

"Oh, yes!" I exclaimed. "Yes, you are correct, you are definitely at the right dorm! I assume you want to see Yoongi, right? I mean, apparently, his ear is sorta hanging off his face, so it would be nice if you could help him."

I said it so casually, it probably startled him more that I wasn't sounding panicked about the whole thing.

"H-his ear?" the doctor gasped.

"I know, it's so stupid," I laughed awkwardly. "He probably wanted to be the next Vincent Van Gogh, but I dunno." I shrugged.

"Did he... did he try to cut his own ear off?" the doctor questioned me as I lead him into the living room of our dorm.

I may be blind but I was familiar with at least that much of my own living area, even though I may have bumped into the wall maybe two or three times.

"Yup, with a kitchen knife and all. It was mine as well! He probably got all of his icky ear blood on it, I don't even wanna use that one for cooking anymore." I sighed.

"And why exactly did he attempt to do that?"

"Tequila is a nasty thing." I hissed, trembling just at the thought of being wasted. I hated the taste of alcohol, it was so fizzy and it burned the back of your throat when you had a sip a bit too quickly.

"Underage drinking? That's not very good for him! He could get alcohol poisoning, and it's probably going to damage his liver as well," he stopped talking for a while when we got into the living room. "So, is that him?"

"Uh..."

"If this dude isn't him, is there more than one person in this building with a bloody ear, then?" the doctor half-joked.

"Haha, no! That's definitely Yoongi then!" I replied stupidly, pathetically laughing along. Pretending to be able to see took quite the effort sometimes.

"Well, thank you for showing me in here. I'll just have a quick chat with this gentleman over here befo-"

"I think that would be a bit hard to do without Seokjin." I interrupted, suddenly remembering our handicaps.

"Oh? Why is that?"

"He's deaf. And I'm blind, by the way. Without Seokjin we'd be a mess!"