Thirteen

POV: Yoongi
"Did you hear about the Bangtan Autumn Ball that's coming up soon?" Seokjin signed to me after school.

"Technically, I didn't hear anything," I chuckled. " but yeah, I heard about it. Apparently it's some sort of posh dance thing that they do every semester, right?"

"Yes, it is, indeed,"

"What even happens in one of these 'balls', anyway?" I asked. "I mean, is it just like a banquet with some random ballroom dancing? Have you ever been to one of these dances, Seokjin?"

"No, I haven't, actually," he shook his head. "So I wouldn't really be able to answer your question, sadly. I'm pretty sure it's just like any standard dance ball, so I don't think there's anything tremendously different about this one that you have to worry about."

"Are you sure?" I frowned. "I want to be on the safe side... I really don't plan on humiliating myself during my first semester here, you know."

"I'm sure it'll be fine," he replied. "Trust me, it's not going to be as bad as you imagine. You can trust me on that part. Here, I even have a leaflet that talks about it, if you want to read it."

He stuffed a light blue crumpled up leaflet into my hand with a bright smile, urging me to read it.

Students & teachers, it's that time of the semester again! Of course, it's the well-loved Bangtan Autumn Ball, and it's always great fun for everyone, ranging from the freshmen newcomers to the expert seniors.

As usual, the dress code is anything smart and fit for a posh banquet, and it's required for every student to bring a date along with them. Bonus points if the couples wear matching formal attire!

Be prepared to dance as well as eat, and for this week only, after school every day, there will be ballroom dance rehearsals in the first dance studio for those who want quick recaps or lessons on ballroom dancing.

Enjoy,
Mrs. Kim, headteacher

"So, this is the treat that I'm in for?" I looked up to Seokjin. "I have to dance, act posh, and, I need a date? What is this? There's no way that I could get a date!"

Then, as if on cue, Taehyung stumbled into the dorm living room, losing his sense of direction as he bumped into the wall. He looked like a lost puppy, bless.

Seokjin gestures towards him, before calling him so that he would stop bumping into things.

"Taehyung! Are you okay?" was what I think he said, before he grabbed Tae's wrist and dragged him towards me. "Wasn't there something that you wanted to ask Taehyung, Yoongi?" he wiggled his eyebrows at me.