Twenty Four

POV: Taehyung
I don't know how, but it seemed as though our EP was selling like hot cakes. People kept complimenting on how good my singing was, or how my songs were very catchy, and money was pouring in fast.

However, I didn't know if that would still be enough money to pay for Yoongi's hearing aid.

"Is it enough?"

"Only a little bit more left," Seokjin replied. "If we really can't raise enough, I'll pay for the rest myself. After all, it's for a good cause and I know how much it means to you. I'm not going to let anyone down during an important time like this, believe me."

Seokjin was such a nice man. There aren't really that many decent people in the world anymore, but I know that those kind of people still exist because of Seokjin.

I aspire to be like him.

After a couple more hours, we finally sold out all of our CDs, and I was feeling pretty proud with myself, and of course, Seokjin as well.

"You're a lifesaver, Seokjin! Literally, you're gonna help Yoongi be able to hear! Oh, I'm so excited to give him the money and by the time you know it, he'll be listening to everythi-"

"We haven't got enough." Seokjin bluntly stated.

"W-what?" I could feel a small lump growing in the back of my throat and it certainly didn't feel good.

"I know I said that I would donate the rest if we only needed a little bit more money, but this... this is too much for me. I'm not exactly the richest person out there, I can barely pay my own bills and taxes, and paying for this could put me in debt of I'm not careful. I'm so sorry, Taehyung, for breaking such a big, important promise to you. I've done all that I can to try and help you raise money, but I'm sad to say that this is about my limit before I go corrupt."

"No, no... I understand. You've done so much for me already, I still can't believe it! I owe you big-time, and I'm sorry for stressing you out these past few weeks with this project. How much more money do we need to be able to afford his hearing aid?"

"Quite a lot more, I'm afraid. We raised tons of money from the CDs, but you gotta remember that hearing aids are very expensive if you want a good one that'll work well for Yoongi."

"I get it," I said. "I'll find another way to raise more money, don't worry! You've done enough to help me already, but I think I have to do the rest on my own now. Thank you, Seokjin... I'll find a way, somehow,"

"Well, if you need another lending hand, I'm always here for you so just remember that."