Thirty Three

POV: Seokjin
It took an unbelievably long time to get to this point, but I'm finally sitting opposite a very excited Yoongi trying his new hearing aid on for the first time.

Taehyung sat next to him, waiting patiently with his EP clutched tightly in his hands. I could tell that he was bursting with excitement since he could barely contain himself.

"Is it on? Is Yoongi's hearing aid on yet?" Taehyung asked.

"Nearly... yeah, there we go! I don't think he can understand what we're saying because he's not used to that, but I'm sure he can hear us," I said back to him.

Yoongi looked around with a tremendous smile plastered on his face, listening to Taehyung's little yelping for the first time.

"This is what Taehyung sounds like," I said slowly while signing to him. Taehyung assumed this was his cue to start talking, but he got really nervous and started giggling in embarrassment instead.

"His laugh is so cute," Yoongi signs back. He tries to say something but it simply comes out as a low grunt instead.

Yoongi immediately throws his arms around Taehyung, startling the poor boy to death. I see Tae sitting there, completely frozen and totally red.

"Hug him back!" I whisper-shout to him, but of course there was no way he would know where to put his arms, so Yoongi guided his arms towards his own waist, where Taehyung's grip tightened.

Yoongi let out a small laugh, and his voice was honestly so much deeper than I thought it would be. It sounded hoarse and a bit scratchy at times, but that would be expected of someone who never really talked at all in their whole life.

"Yoongi?" Taehyung mumbled, his body still pressed against Yoongi's.

"Y-y-yes?" Yoongi said slowly, trying his absolute best to answer back. He picked up the sounds pretty quickly if he was already getting the hang of simple words.

"There's something I want you to listen to. It's a special song that I wrote just for you. A-and I know this might seem a little bit selfish, but I want my song, my song written and sung just for you, to be the first piece of music that you ever hear in your life. Th-the lyrics are here if you have trouble understanding what it means. Will you please listen to it for me? Please, Yoongi?"

Yoongi's eyes darted over to me for a second, but I only replied back with an encouraging smile. He can think for himself, for once.

Yoongi didn't say anything, though. A gentle kiss on the lips was more than enough of an answer to Taehyung.