Chapter Six

Times Change.

My sister was finally in town and Nathaniel was far from happy they were staying with us for a couple days. Sapharia left a bad name with Nathaniel do to her always telling me I should leave him and that he wasn't shit and never would be.

Her and Marvell were arriving in about and hour so I was heating up the food I prepared earlier on. I made all her favorites, homemade Mac & cheese, baked chicken, string beans and yams.

I began setting the table and placed the ice bowl in the center. The wine and champagne was placed inside and then I set the food around it. Plates along with forks, spoons, knives and cups were also lined up around the kitchen table.

"Are they almost here? " Nathaniel questioned me as he walked over to my place by the sink. I laughed at his impatience and turned in his direction.

"Yes, give them some time. What yah trynna run out the house already?" I joked. His smile dropped and a frown crawled on his face.

"Come on I was joking...cry baby" I said playfully. He chuckled but I can tell something was on his mind.

"I know baby, hush the fuck up." He said grabbing me and throwing my over his shoulder. I laughed hard as he spun me around.

"Baby come on, put me down." He lifted me off his should and placed me on the ground. As if they knew we were growing impatient waiting on them the door bell rang.

I rushed to the door making sure I didn't look like I felt, tired. I opened the door and Sapharia and Marcell smiled at me widely. "Come, come in." I spoke using hand movements to gesture toward the inside.

Sapharia jumped up and down giving me a huge hug. "Heyyy baby sis! Wassup?" She said cheerfully.

"I'm good, how are you boo. I haven't see. You in a really long time." I spoke truthfully. Her smile faded a little and she came back from her excited high. "Yes it has been a while hasn't it?" She spoke. Marcell gave me a hug and pecked my cheek with his lips.

"How are you sister in law?" He questioned. I smiled and gave him the same answer I gave my sister. When he spotted the look on her face he twisted his face up at her. She fixed her face immediately and that left me in a puddle of confusion. I hoped and prayed I wouldn't have to beat Marcell ass about my sister.

"Right this way you two." I said leading them into the kitchen. Sapharia gasped when she seen the the kitchen table and the beautiful set up. Not that she was surprised but she was fairly happy.

We sat around the table and congregated with each other for another hour or two until they decided they were tired. I showed them to the guest room that had been set up for them and also the nearest bathroom located.

Once they were settled in I left them alone to get them selves situated. I returned to the kitchen to clean up and put everything away. Everyone at least had to be tipsy from the Champagne nobody really touched the red wine that sat damn near resealed on the table.

Nathaniel left after dinner was over and though I expected that from him, I wished he would have stayed with me longer. So now all that was left to do was think to myself and watch a movie or something.

...

"Hey girl." I heard a voice say from behind me. Sapharia was dressed in her pajamas and hair tied up. He demeanor gave me a kiddy vibe as well as her clothes. Her baby pink pajama shirt had sisterly love on it and number one sister with my name on it.

She threw me a pair fairly similar just mine was a light red and had her name placed across the back. They were cute for the most part.

"These are so adorable!!!" I shouted jumping around. We were like youth when we seen each other but her being my sister and knowing her for as long as I did made seeing her changed very easy.

Sapharia sat down on the couch next to me. Once I had changed she pulled all out favorite movies out to watch. Nathaniel was finally home so him and Marcell watched the game down in the rarely used den.

"Hey, do you remember when we use to have nights like this with Viv. Those were the good ole days." She said breaking the longing silence between us. I smiled a fake smile hearing the infamous name of viv; Vivica Kanin.

She was my twin. She died four years ago in the summer before junior year started up. A drive by meant to kill our father ended killing her instead. I missed her... A lot.

"Yeh, yeah. Remember when she use to have us call ria and bone head alllllll of the time." We went on.

"Yes sicknen. She was so fucking goofy though girl." She added.

"Yeah, she use to bring out the hype at the best time. She already knew how we got down." I spoke lost for words. Silence began flooding the room and The tears I tried holding back were sitting in the edge of my eyelids.

Sapharia leaned in to hug me and give me some comfort and though we both lost someone important to us. She was more then understanding how it affected me seeing how she was my twin and all.

I sat back on the couch and wiped the remainder of my tears away. She pulled my body over so that my head was leaning on her shoulder and we chilled for the remainder of time she was down stairs.

"Baby!!" Marcell called as he made his way up from the den. He walked over to her on the couch and tapped her arm. She jumped up kind of hard and released a sigh of re leaf. She exited her scare and came back to planet us and gave me a small apologizing smirk. I let her go before saying goodnight and headed down to the den where my honey love was.

"Babes, what yah doing?" I quizzed as I sat down next to him. He had a look of sadness and uncertainty plastered on his face. "Are you okay?" I asked following my first question. I took his chin in my head and cued for him to look at me. For some reason he couldn't and I released his chiseled chin out of my hand.

"If something came up unexpected... Would you ever give me?" he asked. My body went numb and rage that I've avoided rushed underneath my skin. I swore he was about to tell me he cheated on me but instead I took a deep breathe and began to answer his a million reasons question. "It depends Nate, Are you okay?" I pressed for more information but got none, not even a little bit.

Unknown tears came rummaging through his eye lids and his face was guilty. He spoke no more as I kissed his face and wiped his cheeks. "Talk to me please..." I pleaded with him. Instead of connection his body with mine or speaking any other words, he got up and began pulling away from me. I was in aw and his behavior was certainly strange.

"We do all have our own secrets Ana'Leah. I just hope when the time does come to play and we have to admit them you know that know one is perfect. "I know you have a few secrets of your own..." Was his last words before jogging up the steps. I stayed glued to my seat, an familiar empty crawled inside my stomach and my emotions were no longer shielded.

Determined to stay away from him and to avoid looking into his eyes for the night I grabbed an extra blanket off of the hammock and laid down in the bean bag bed. Another sleepless night filled my mind and everything I tried to subside in my mind replayed over and over. I sunk into deep thought, tossing and turning hoping my feelings that kept arising were false.