. Kai .

Nate's POV....

I rushed to the hospital. I told Ana'leah that with only one month til the due date she should not over stress but the facts were all there, she was letting that nigga push her there. I pushed her there...

The drive was killing me and I knew I was doing way past the speed limit again. I already caught a ticket before I even hit the free way and probably would get another one before I hit the entrance. I slowed down a little trying to avoid racking them up and felt around for my pack of cigarettes. After a found it I placed one to my lips and lit it. I was nervous, my baby girl was coming into the world and at that early.

Woosah nigga, woosah. I prepped myself, I had been training for this for a while but now that the time was actually here, all of that shit went out the window.

Once I finally his the entrance I threw my cigarette to the floor and stepped on it. What I needed instead of that stick of cancer was a joint. A nice fat, well rounded joint. My thoughts bounced around my head like a ball being threw around by a bunch of kids.

"Uh, Ana'Leah Kanin." I spoke to the Lady at the front desk. Her name tag read Beverly Giggens. Hmmm I'm a call her Bev. G. She looked like a G.

"Name sir?" Bev. G. Asked as she looked through her clip board. "My name is Nathaniel Sherperd." I said letting my eyes bounce around the hospital.

"Ah yes, she's on floor three, room 498. She's been asking about you and an Ezriel for about a half hour." Bev. G. Stated.

"Thank You Bev Girl!" I shouted jogging down the hall. Once I found the elevator I hit floor three and waited patiently until it stopped.

The third floor was split into two sections so the search was way longer then needed. She Had to be around somewhere.

"Excuse me? Excuse me do you know where room 498 is Miss?" I asked someone I believed was an doctor. She turned around toward me and smiled widely.

"Yes, go back that way and make a left it should be four doors down on the right hand side." She said while biting her lips. She was definitely treating me like eye candy right now and it was so damn disturbing.

"Thank you so much." I said before turning around and jogging down the hall...yes running into several people. In less then two minutes later I had found the door. It was closed which meant she either asked for privacy or someone was in there with her.

I chose to knock and enter, another thing I practiced over time. I peaked my head in just a little bet before realizing she was alone. She smiled widely at me before I noticed how far about her contraction were on the monitor.

"Wow that's a lot of contractions. How aren't you cringing in pain. Not that I want you to be." I mumbled trying to avoid a laugh. Instead she laughed at me. "Boy stop it. And its called Epiduraaaaaaaal." She said. She was letting the tiny piece of ratchet she had in her, out.

"Ughh I'm sorry I'm behind on timing. I got a ticket on the way here so I had to slow down but as far as I could I sped like a speed racer." I choked out trying to be a little humorous. She smiled at me before letting it fade into nothing.

"Stop trying so hard Nate lol I appreciate you being here at all. You could still not be here if You wanted too, so shush." She scolded me. I cracked a smile and kissed her on the cheek.

"Sooooo how far are we?!?" I chimed in excitment. I quickly cleared my throat when she laughed while raising her eyebrows. "Yea oh okay, you seem more ready for this then me." We shared another laugh.

"Haha, yea yea roast me later." I said waving her off. It was weird how much it felt like old times again. The times when we use to laugh and be able to talk with out arguing. I stopped to think for a minute before she finally snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Well I'm damn near ready to pop anytime, specifically between now and tomorrow. You never know it could be in the next five minutes." She explained. I nodded interested in every word.

I sat down on the couch placed by the window. My hands sat in my lap as we both tried not to be awkward again.

"Where's Ez?" I asked randomly. Her eyes looked in my direction before she sighed.

"I don't know, he isn't answering his phone. He's probably still packing." She muttered. I could tell she had an attitude and I tried my best to change the subject.

"How was the rest of the funeral?" I quizzed rummaging through different questions.

"It was sad still. I have maybe a little bit more peace with it now." She started. "That's good, I'm glad your trying to heal yourself." I replied happy with her words. She smiled faintly at me before turning her body at me.

A few moments later a knock at the door interrupted our conversation. Ez popped his head through before walking in, obviously he had been practicing to. "Heyy baby girl." He said stretching his words out. She smiled a fake smile before waving at him.

"Hey Ez." She said dryly. He frowned at her attitude but never the less came and hugged and kissed her. A feeling of discomfort formed at the picture but I didn't let it bother me as much as I expected it to.

I left the room to give them some space to talk so that I could call my sister and little brother. My sister had my son for the weekend but I wanted him here to meet his new born sister. I didn't know how Ana'Leah felt about it but she did have to face the fact that our daughter has a brother.

When I returned back to the room they were talking. She stopped when she looked in direction. "Hey everything okay?" She asked while fiddling with Ez's finger.

"Yea I have a question to ask." I continued when she nodded her head up and down at me. "I was wondering would it be okay if Mishon came up to the hospital to see his little sister?" I asked moving around weirdly. Her eyes had gotten big but once she replied it was for reasons I didn't expect.

"Ez can you give us a minute." She asked him as she let her eyes remained connected to mine. He nodded getting up and leaving the room.

"Nathaniel Sherperd, I can't believe you would think I was so caught up with in myself like that. The issues that we have, have nothing to do with Mishon. He's a child, of course he can be up here and meet his sister. What happened between us was not and is not his problem. Nate truly its only ours and if you think it was you having a baby that pisses me off. At first I was angry about it, yes of course but what really triggered our problems was the fact that-." Her words were cut off by a pressure formed in her stomach no she couldn't feel it but she knew it could only mean one thing.... It was time to deliver.
...
4hours later...

"You are soooo beautiful." I heard Nate whisper while cradling our beautiful baby girl.

"What are we going to name her is the problem." Nate stated as he looked over at me. I smiled as I reached my arms out for her.

"I was thinking Naomi." I projected. Nates eyes lit up and Mishon jumped up and down with excitement.

"Naomi kai Kanin-Sherperd." I exclaimed. Everyone seemed to agree with the name and I thought it fit her nicely.

"We gone call her Nao or Kai." Ez asked as he held his hand up. We laughed.

"Man nigga why would we call her Nao." Nate interjected laughing.

"Kai it is." He exclaimed. "But I'm a still call her Nao." He added in quickly