Sometime Later

Loved a man three months ago. Trusted him three months ago and finally let him go. Three months ago.

...

I finally got settled in to my new house not far from where the vacation house is. After a month of time I decided that it was much more peaceful and a lot less stress not being with Nathaniel and we needed to go our own ways. Of course he'd still be able to see our child but what we had is gone. Completely.

We met twice before sealing the deal. Remember his face made me feel like the decision could have been changed, then I remembered my own feelings. Even after remembering his face, I remembered his words. That shit hit me hard and what made it so bad was I don't think it was just anger that pushed them off his tongue.

No I couldn't break his heart nearly to as close as he broke mine but I just wanted us both to be happy. Although I'm not sure if he wanted the same for me.

Replaying the last moments of seeing him and the conversation that was at play made me sick. I could feel myself over thinking and automatically wanted to shake the feel.

The moment hurt but remembering it like it happened five minutes ago didn't help at all.

...

"Thank you." I mumbled as he pulled the wooden hand crafted chair out for me. We decided to meet where we left off a month and a half before. The waffle house.

"Ain't no thang, anything for my babies." He spoke of our seed and I. I cleared my throat at his words and waited until he sat down in his seat.

Once he was sitting perfectly he let his eyes sink in my new look. I wore my hair up in a ponytail with a Chinese bang and my clothing tight but not revealing.

"So how have you been?" I questioned through the awkward silence. He looked good but I could tell he hadn't been taking care of himself.

"I been... Cool I guess. Missing the only person that keep you sane is a bitch though. Especially when you don't know if they okay or not." He said in a whisper. His eyes were no longer on me but fiddling with his straw and drink.

"I'm fine, I promise. I do need to get something off my chest thou-."

...

My flash back of that day was cut short by a knock on the door.

"Who is it!?" I yelled walking in the direction of the door quickly. No one answered causing me to grow irritated. I stood a few centimeters up off my tippy toes and looked into the peep whole. The persons face wasn't clear but I could see a bouquette of flowers clearly.

"Who is it!!" I yelled a little louder this time. A voice no louder then a whisper spoke damn near scaring me. At the moment I realized who it was. I chuckled to myself at his childishness but grew an attitude knowing he knew exactly what he was doing.

I opened the door slowly, pulling it to just a crack. When his face screwed up I figured he was now equally annoyed and opened the door to where he could get in.

"Don't forget to lock my door before you come sit down watermelon head." I joked at my friend Ez. Ezriel and I met a day before I left For Florida. He was the male present when Nathaniel and I first broke up.

"Hey beautiful." He said laughing. I threw my eyes in his direction slapping him on the arm as he sat next to me. My legs were up so that I was sitting on them and one hand holding my cell phone the other playing in his hair.

Though we met three months ago, he quickly became a good friend and awesome listener. I found he could keep a secret better then anyone else I knew and that his talking skills were just as good as his listening. Plus I can't forget the fact that he gave the best advise I ever got from a male other then Nathaniel.