Chapter 6

Fawn

"Lucas!" I shouted. "I'm gonna kill you!" I laughed as I chased him around the big grassy area behind our little church. He was a fast runner, but I was faster. I sped up to him and threw myself on top of him while laughing. " see I win every time " I spat at him in a jokingly way.

"Come on Fawn, go get a room!" Lance said laughing while covering his eyes. Lucas and I both just shook our heads as we laughed harder, hurrying back onto our feet.

We were all just running around enjoying the time we got to spend together, we had just finished our bible study and it was time for some activities, though we never truly just played to play. We just loved chasing each other, but for me and Lucas, it was our way of flirting; we mess with each other just to let each other know that we like each other. We thought that it wasn't noticeable, but it seems that our feelings for one another are very clear to everyone. The only clueless ones are his parents or at least that's what we think. 

I started to run around again, feeling the wind blowing through my auburn hair. The aroma of leaves and tree bark filled the air, calming me. It was peaceful, it was home.

"Fawn the snacks are out!" Claire called to me. I playfully rolled my eyes and ran to her, of course Claire was the one to say something about the snacks. She was always eating, but she was still as skinny as a rail.

Walking to the front of the church, I took in the wonderful sight in front of me . The only place not covered with leaves was the tan, smooth sidewalk leading to the door. I could stare at this sight all day, I don't know what it was about this type of weather, but it always brought me some joy, like a wave of peace and gratefulness crashing over my whole body, pulling me into the ocean of love and happiness. These people and this church were home, and that was the most astounding feeling that I have ever experienced.

As we got inside the small church, we caught sight of the snack table. Apples, oreos, oranges, cinnamon poptarts, chips galore and of course, a verity of drinks. Claire grabbed some Oreos and chips, I grabbed a apple and some Oreos. After we got our snacks, we went back outside to sit and just think about how blessed we are, to talk about Jesus and the love we have. Wednesday's are one of my favorite days and this is exactly why.

"I wish Caleb was here today, it would of been an even better day." Claire says as she swallowed her second Oreo.

"Yea it would of been better. The whole family together," I agreed. "But it's alright. At least we got to hang out with Lucas and Lance learning about Jesus." She gave me a small smile and nodded, taking another bite of the black and white cookie.

"Well, come on! Let's go see what the two goofballs are doing." I chuckled and got up from my spot, waiting for Claire to do the same.

Once we got down the stairs, we found Lance packing his stuff and messing around with Lucas. Claire ran to Lance and tackled him, she loved to frustrate that boy.

As I watched them, I just shook my head and turned to Lucas. His smile was so bright, and when his eyes gazed into mine, it was like he set this fire in my heart that no one could ever put out. It seemed as if our heartbeats were on the same beat. When we looked at each other the whole world stopped and all we could see was each other. I swear my heart would skip a beat every time he looked at me, and I would go to a loss of words. All I focused on were his deep brown eyes, it's like I fell into a dark, but warm, hole. I somehow knew I was safe, and whatever would happen, he'd be right there to catch me, he'd be there to love me.

"I gotta go." I said softly with a light smile.

He's gives me a sad smile, "I wish we could just stay here with each other awhile longer." He's says.

I sighed, "me too."

He pulled me into his loving arms and held me there for awhile. He rubbed my back lightly as I listened to the tune of his heart beat, it was a beautiful Melody. Though it only lasted for a few seconds, because after those wonderful seconds, we heard his parents come down the stairs calling for him so we had to quickly break away.

I hated keeping this a secret from his mom and dad. They were so strict, I cared so much about them, but I had to break this rule.

We took a risk, and it may end up badly, but we will worry about the mess later, we have to focus on the now, the present. Because who knows what could happen tomorrow, we might not even be here anymore. If we stress about tomorrow, we'll never really live. So I say, take the risk, go for what you want, follow God's plan, and whatever road block comes your way, fight through it, and never give up on what you want.