Chaper 36

Fawns P.O.V

" you know I like talking to you" Andrew said so kindly, " you do?" I laughed and looked over at her as he drove down the road. Since I came here with Claire I really didn't have a ride home, so Andrew came right to my rescue just in time. It seemed he was always there but I was so uncertain why. " yeah, your an interesting person Fawn Hunter, I like hearing what you have to say" a small laugh fell from his perfectly lined lips when he spoke. He seemed as such a great person, a person I didn't deserve for a friend. " well thank you, you are probably the first to say that. I like talking to you too but, why are you like always coming to my rescue?" I laughed slightly. Andrew took a deep breath and looked over at me with a sweet but somewhat broken smile as well.
" I wouldn't say I'm always rescuing you Fawn, but I will say that I'm observant and I'm just in the right place at the right time." Andrew looked back to the road and turned down my little old road that I've lived on all my life. I'm a small town girl and I'm sure I always will be, he pulled into my driveway and shut the car off looking over to me. " I don't know a whole lot about you, other then what the kids at school say, but what I see is you are a really good friend." Andrew spoke so softly, it's as he knew that I was fragile and didn't wanna hurt me in any way. I was a perfect little lamb and he didn't wanna scare me away or scar my already broken soul. " Thank you, thank you for caring and thank you for the ride home." I smiled and unbuckled my seat belt, though he thought he'd scare me off, I knew I'd scare him off. I wasn't ready to scare a potential friend away.
" oh and Fawn, your cousin, Claire. When I was walking in she ran out, I'm pretty sure she went home I'm sure she's safe" his words gave my soul a little relief but still I was worried sick about my cousin. " thank you, see you Around Andrew Scott" I smiled at him and got out of his new looking blue truck, he had to of just gotten it because the shape it was in was beautiful. As I walked up to my porch I just watched him pull away and drive into the darkness. He made me believe there was still some good people out in this world.

Before I could even get in the door my Grandpa already standing in the door way asking me questions, so many questions I couldn't even keep count. " woah woah papa slow down" I laughed taking a seat on the kitchen chairs,
" who drove you home?" He questioned,
" just a friend" I smiled as I wrapped my arms around my Grandpas skinny body. He was already tall and skinny but he seemed to be losing even more weight. The thought of losing him hurt too much so I let go and just stared up at him. " well did you have fun?" He asked with a wide smile hoping my answer was yes,
" your in luck, I surprisingly had a lot of fun" I laughed. His smile grew bigger and he embraced me one last time before letting me disappear into me room.
" Fawn, Claire called and said she's okay she just needs to be alone, also Venus is upstairs, your Brother thought I'd be good for you to have a sleepover. Have some company" I raised my eyebrows and shrugged. Venus and I having a sleepover? Wow, that's different. We've become so close that my Brother has noticed and thinks I need company? That was definitely something different but maybe a good different. As I walked up the stairs and got to my room I found her sitting on my bed just looking at old picture I had around my room. " hey" I said getting into my bedroom,
" well hey, sorry this isn't planned your brother just called and said I should really stay over" she laughed a little, I nodded and took a glance at her hand. It was Bloody and bruised, there was a wrap on where the wound was.
" what happened?!" I said rushing over to her,
" funny story actually, I punched our little friend Amber quite a few times" she said through her teeth. " well why?",
" you really wouldn't wanna know, just know she deserved it". Even though I so wanted to know what Ambers dirty mouth has said about me I know that I probably couldn't handle what it was so I took Venus's word for it.

For a long while we just sat, we started to recap our night, I'm sure we both just needed some time to comprehend what had happened. Well that was until I broke the silence, " so who did you end up with in the end of the night? Ian or Lance?" She gave me a small laugh and looked up at me. " Ian, he helped me clean up my hand, I don't know girls are always all over him. We are just friends and I think that's all we will ever be, but, we kinda like kissed. It was just a in the moment thing" she shrugged and looked down. " Venus, there has to be something there if you guys even shared a moment, I'm sure something may happen." She just gave me a small shrug and a kind smile. I know she didn't believe anything would ever happen for her, I'm not sure why but she doesn't seem to believe in herself at all.
" why don't you think it will happen?", everything was even more silent then it was before for a few seconds. There was tension in the room, Venus I could tell did not want to open up or explain herself to me. " I'm, I am scared of love because I've never seen it work out. Listen Fawn, I don't talk about my life because it's messed up and I-" I cut her off before she could sell me the sob story saying I wouldn't understand, because I would.
" Venus, I'm the queen of disaster. I am here to listen not to judge", " Lance kissed me the other day but I broke his heart, Fawn my mom has horrible boyfriends. They beat her and sometimes they try to touch me, my life is so messed up you wouldn't even believe. Now Ian kissed me and I feel something with him that I didn't feel with Lance, I'm so scared to fall in love because love doesn't work. You and I both know that" I took a deep breath because I really couldn't tell her any different, love sucked and it can destroy your whole world with one little word. It takes a toll on a person and then once the other person doesn't feel the same anymore it's like your whole body is numb and you have nothing left but the memories that were now lies.
" I can't tell you any different, all I can say is that something may happen between you two. But I say to you now, be carful" She gave me a longing look of sadness and a nod.
" well who did you go home with?"
" Andrew Scott" I said with a laugh. She gave me a smirk and a quick wink with a small laugh, " no no not like that, we are just friends I guess, he found me crying then took me home. What a story huh?" I pulled my knees to my chest and laughed a little looking at her, " he's a nice guy, he's asked me about you when you were in the hospital, he seems to care" she said with a deep breath. I thought for a long while about Andrew, he cared so much, I barely knew him and I just can't wrap around my mind how much he cares.
" Wow, he's a really nice guy I guess" I shrugged with a small laugh, " Fawn I'm sure he has an interest in you, there's something more" she smiled.

The thing is I know that could be a possibility, maybe he did fall for me, I don't know what he could of fallen for but I wasn't ready to try to like anyone at all. Maybe he's just a nice guy, he's just a person who actually gives a damn about people. Venus and I just looked at each other for awhile, we each had such a longing look. Venus and I seemed to be the same at times. We were both these lost souls, we were searching for someone to connect with, someone with the same messed up live. Someone we could call a best friend. Venus understood me somehow and I can never thank her enough for always being there for me.  I took a deep breath and looked at Venus, she looked so bright, she was a bright sadness.
" why did you try so hard with me? Like why did you try so hard to be my friend?" I spoke softly, " I saw that people were attracted to you like magnets, I mean why wouldn't they be you were so pretty and vibrant. Though no one saw this one thing that I noticed, you had a hurt in your heart, I could tell by the way you smiled. Even when you were with Lucas you had that little bit of hurt in your smile, you had issues even before Lucas. I guess I was drawn to you because I like to figure people out and I like to be their shoulder to lean on. I could see you needed someone and I just wanted to be there" she looked down and smiled a little bit then grabbed my shoulder.
" thank you, you really do read people well" I laughed and gave her a tight hug. She was right, I was a hidden cry for help, a cry for help I thought I'd never get. But, I was lucky and she can to rescue me. " I'm also glad you came to church" I laughed, " yeah, me too, it's nice there"

Despite all the things that were happening there I still had the feeling that, that church was my home and no matter what I'd end up there again. This time, Venus would be walking in with me.