Chapter 34

Fawns P.O.V

My hair was perfectly curled, each piece looked like a perfect spiral. Claire had braided the one side so beautifully and carefully. She patted the foundation stuff on my face, it's not like I needed the stuff, my skin was already clear but this is what you do to look pretty. My lips were a tinted red and my eyes had a smoky shadow, for a minute I actually believed I looked beautiful. " Claire I can't believe you talked me into doing this" I said with an eye roll,
" Fawn you couldn't miss this, as your cousin I have to make sure you go to these things" she said as she was putting on her lipstick very carefully. She gave me a smile and pulled out a black Lacey dress, the top had this beautiful Lacey design, while the bottom was more of this thick fabric, it was very classy. I loved it.
" this one is yours, now go put it on! We are meeting Lindsey at the dance in 20 minutes!" She shoved me to the bathroom.

" well here you go" I walked out of the bathroom, I spun around for her, this dress was a bit tight but it fit like a glove as well.
" so beautiful Fawn!" She gave me this smile that could be the light in a dark room. Claire was one beautiful light, she hides the darkness inside her very well.
" now let's go!" Claire walked out of my room with this dark green dress, the sleeves had slits in them, she looked so gorgeous.
As we walked down the stairs I found my family all waiting with their cameras, Claire, Scott and I all stood in a row smiling for the cameras. Finally after the poperotzi had finished we were heading out the door, I looked toward my Grandpa and flashed him a smile with a nod stating I loved him. He meant everything to me. He was one of the only things that kept me going, if it wasn't for him no way would I be up to going to this stupid dance.

" Lindsey you look stunning" Claire and I both said, Lindsey was always beautiful, but her dark blue dress complemented her skin tone very well which is what made her pop.
As we walked in there was people everywhere, some were dancing and some were sitting alone just waiting for another soul to connect with. Everyone in here had their own little story, dances usually depressed people. It's just the whole concept of having someone I guess.
Of course, Claire and Lindsey pulled me out on the dance floor, they basically forced me to look like I was having some sort of fun, which surprisingly I was. Jumping up and down, laughing, smiling and singing to all the songs was actually enlightening my soul. Thankfully Venus showed up so I got a break from dancing.
" how are you holding up?" She asked,
" I'm surprisingly really good",
" oh wow! Good Fawn!" She smiled and squeezed my shoulder,
" how's your boy trouble?" I asked daringly,
" it's okay I guess, at least for right now it's okay. Did you see Amber yet?",
" no, I really don't want to"
We both stayed in a deep silence for awhile letting the music talk for us, until I broke it.
" I'm gonna go grab some punch, I'll be back!" Venus nodded as I walked to the back, everyone was surrounding that Ian Frost kid, but they always did so that was no big surprise. I looked around for Lance as I got back to the punch, but his loner self wasn't anywhere to be found. Everyone here was a somewhat normal teenager with somewhat normal lives, it was fun to just pretend for a night that mine was too. As I grabbed a cup and put the red liquid into it someone grabbed my shoulder.
" hi" my heart sank to my stomach, that voice, that voice sounded like nails on a chalk board to my ears. It was Lucas. I turned around fast to face him.
" what are you doing here!" I spat at him, before he could answer I found the conclusion walking my way, Amber.
" Fawn listen-" I cut him off
" no I don't need to hear it!" I yelled. Before the night could get any worse I caught a glance at Caleb, oh great.
" why haven't you called Claire" I yelled at him,
" Fawn this isn't the place to talk right now" Caleb responded looking around. I rolled my eyes " oh if your looking for Claire she's right-"
" here" Claire cut me off before I could get it out. Why the hell did they have to show up.

Claire held it all together very well but she let the storm fall, tears streamed down her eyes as they stared at Caleb.
" why haven't you called! I thought we had something, Caleb I felt it! What's going on with you?! I called and called but no answer!" She screamed stepping closer to him,
" Claire stop this isn't the time" Caleb tried to keep calm but Claire's raging storm overwhelmed him.
" what the hell Caleb, what has been going on? I know the whole Fawn and Lucas thing but that has nothing to do with us! And now after all that here you are at my school! What even are we cause I've been going crazy!",
" we aren't anything Claire! We never were!" He spat at her. In a matter of seconds Claire became this horrid nightmare that no one wanted to get in the way of. Before I could grab her she had already shoved Caleb out of her way and ran. " Claire wait!" I went to run after her when Lucas grabbed my arm,
" who do you think you are!" I ripped my wrist from his grip. " Fawn please let me explain this, just let me talk to you", " no! I don't care!" I yelled staring him right in the eyes. I could tell he was growing nervous. " just let me explain to you" he pleaded, I took a breath crossing my arms, " you have one minute."
He stepped closer to me, " Fawn, she asked me to go, I couldn't just say no, she already is going through this and she is the only one who doesn't hate me" something came over me as his words fell out, I had no grace for him. The anger that flooded my body consumed me, my palm connected with his chubby looking face causing a sting to him. " screw you Lucas, have fun with Amber, you ruined me!" I ran off, tears streaming down my face. I felt the panic and anxiety eating at me. I could barely breath and my head was in circles. I thought tonight would be different but everything gets ruined.

I made it to the front where the lockers were and sunk down the wall leaning against them crying, I Barried my head in my hands and just let it all out. Again, I was still broken. All of a sudden I felt this presence by me, their arm slowly wrapped around me, my heart was beating out of my chest now. As I looked over I found Andrew. Oh great, just great now he knows I'm a complete wreck. " I'm okay, I really am" I cried out and tried to get up, he pulled me back down and held me,
" no your not, Cry it out, I'm here" why did he care so much? I didn't want him to see me like this, I didn't want anyone to see me like this!
" why do you care?" I looked up at him,
" I know what it's like to cry alone, it sucks, so I care, now let me care" he just held me tighter and tighter as I let my tears and my sadness consume me. I don't know where Claire is and I wonder what Venus is up to, I don't even care where Lucas and Amber are but I can't help but think I'm not a good enough friend cause I couldn't be there! I just wish I could of pulled it together long enough to be the one holding Claire. I steadied my breathing and sat up, I took a deep breath and looking into Andrew's warm brown eyes, his eyes, oh they were so warm and so kind. They melted my soul with just one look. " great homecoming night huh?" I laughed, " a perfect one."