Chaper 53

Venus's P.O.V

I couldn't breathe, the air was stolen away as I watched my mother and her "soul mate" that resembled Satan be cuffed, everything was muffled and I couldn't do anything. I watched my Mother fighting to get out of the grip that was pulling her to her new life in a darker place. She screamed my name as she faded away down the aisle, the court room was nothing but silent. Now, what to do with me? Where will I end up going? Who is going to want such a messed up girl?
       That's when the silence broke, a woman with light brown hair stood up, she had to of worked at a hospital and got off of her shift because she was in purple scrubs that were completely wrinkled. Her words sent a signal of relief through my veins, it was Fawns Mother. " your honor, I've already started paperwork but, I would like to take guardianship of Venus, she doesn't have any family around and there's no point for her to go into the system when she's my daughters best friend and basically lives at my house anyway. I know I have no right to but, she's been there for my daughter through everything and Venus needs someone in her life like Fawn and my family, we love her and, I want her to have the best shot at life she can have. So with your permission, could I please take guardianship of Venus" she took a deep breath smiling at me as we locked eyes. In all reality I've never talked to Ms.Hunter, I don't even know her first name, all I know is that she's a nurse and, works these long, hard hours so she can help pay bills. I didn't want them to be responsible for me, Fawn is going through so much and so are they, I know I'll have to get a job and step up to the plate, I can't just let them tend for me. " Venus, you're 17 years old, is this woman telling the truth and, is this where you'd like to go?" The judge said, I nodded my head quickly beginning to speak " your honor, I know this woman and, her daughter is my best friend, she's the first person I've ever been able to connect too, I don't know where I would be without her. I would like to go with Ms.Hunters, please your honor, I've already delt with so much already I just need to feel safe for once in my life" the judge nodded about to stand up
" you are granted guardianship of Venus Cadwell, Case closed" the judge walked into the back, I fell to my knees in tears of relief and sadness. Please God just let me be free from this mess, you're the only one who's going to get me through this, dear God please just protect me. I prayed, when I suddenly felt the weight just lifted off my shoulders, I'm safe, I looked up to the ceiling wiping my tears. I think God has me, actually, I know God has me, everything sucks right now but, I know that he is going to protect me and keep me safe through this horrid situation. Taking a couple deep breathes I got up slowly looking for some familiar faces, of course I saw Ms.Hunter, she basically ran over to home pulling me in her arms " Venus, please don't worry anymore, we are going to take care of you. Fawn doesn't even know this yet, we are going to get your stuff and then we are going to my house and you are going to have your own room and everything okay? Please do not worry sweetheart" she said softly letting go of the hug. I had no idea what to even say to her, I was just so grateful and I didn't even know how to show it, I just knew that I was loved.
   " Ms.Hunters, I don't even know what to say, I just am so thankful you didn't have to do this" I managed to get out through tears " oh honey call me Rein, you've done for much for Fawn, you deserve the world, please know that okay? " she smiled following me out as we went back to Ian's to grab the extra clothes I had there. There wasn't a point up even go back to the hell hole apartment, there was nothing there I wanted to remember anyway. In some way I felt completely destroyed because, everything I've ever known was gone, Cadwell was just a name, there was no one who could back me up, no real family, just me. Though, in this other way I felt completely free from the trap life set me in, I am going to live a new life and be who I want to be, maybe even have a chance at college and a loving home, things have to get better here, I have to feel something even more than pain now.
   We got to the beautiful house of the Hunters, everyone's car was home, I was home. This was finally a place I could actually call home. Rein looked at me grabbing my bags as we got out of her car, she took a deep breath smiling " come on, let go in and get you all settled in" I nodded following her into the house, it smelled of fresh bread and some sort of pasta being cooked, there was Fawns grandfather. He turned to us greeting me with a huge hug, he had to of known I was coming " Venus, I made a big dinner so you are full and warm" he said softly giving me a kiss on the head, it was out of such a pure love that I've never felt. Scott also gave her a hug and a pat on the back along with her grandmother. Rein called for Fawn, she races down the stairs to see me " Venus" she ran hugging me tightly " how are you, are you okay?" I nodded smiling looking at her " wait, why is all your stuff here?" She knew the minute she asked what the answer was, a smiled appeared on the beautiful girls face as she jumped up hugging me again.
" thank you mom" she said so genuine, I couldn't help but feel, blessed. I know it's a impossible situation to feel blessed In but, I did, I felt blessed to be in this home and with these people. I finally was at home, with people who truly loved me. The first time in a long time, I knew what a pure love was.